Skip to content

Discuss This Factory support lured Andrea Dovizioso to Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Factory support lured Andrea Dovizioso to Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Factory support lured Andrea Dovizioso to Ducati

Andrea Dovizioso’s desire to be the technical figurehead for a major factory was his prime motivation for gambling his future on a move to Ducati in 2013, according to former Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal. Dovizioso was offered a new deal to stay with Tech 3 squad in 2013 but was lured away from the proven YZR-M1 he scored...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 December 2012 15:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Could be

Maybe with the chance to be the no.1 rider in a factory, instead of the 3rd of 3 factory riders (as Honda) or the no.1 satellite rider (Yamaha) we could really see a new Dovi.  If he can craft a machine to the way he wants then hopefully it will give him a chance to really shine as a consistent battle candidate for victory, and revive ducati's flagging fortunes at the same time.  I just hope (and no disrespect to Dovi) that Ducati dont take the most initially succesful rider from their new 4 and develop a one rider machine as they did in the past....

Reply to this Topic
armcharm91

Dec 05

armcharm91 says:

Money

It's all about the money . If burgess and VR couldn't fix it he's got no chance unless Audi has something up ther sleeve . So it's got to be money . If it was me I'd have stayed with tech3 much better bike .

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Clown !!!

Audi never built race bikes or street bikes. Even Rossi knows it. Dovi is an asset Ducati have needed since Gabrielle del Torchio and Marlboro lost Capirex and Stoner in favour of a pair of marketing tools.

Sure,Ducati are rock bottom prototype right now.(Thanks Vale). Dovi and Spies I suspect will turn it around. Why do I have faith in Spies ? Tell ya what. His Ducati will prolly not have an humungus load of convenient breakdowns next year. Best get over to B-WIN  for me. I love it when a plan comes together.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

"a three-day test at Jerez recently was wrecked by a neck injury that kept him sidelined for almost the entire session"

but fit enough to win the supermoto 2 days later strange that lol

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

By mid

season Dovi will wish he'd never seen that Ducati, he'll not turn that around, and he's just not a development rider, so he's going to be an unhappy mid-packer for next year. 

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Sure it did!!!

Nothing to do with the euro and worse bike than he had last season!!i said it once and I'll say it again,sellout pizza muncher,enjoy cal being behind you in testing not in times mind as next season you'll be lucky to see him next season.

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Great Eytie Hope?

Dovi can turn the Duke around - if, like Stoner, he has mucho dirt track experience. The Duke appears to have dirt-bike weight distribution (weight too far back), a problem which a demon braker (like Rossi) will never cope with - Casey did little on the brakes, and made complaints like 'Vermulen let off the brakes and started racing me!!' (the cheeky blighter). What then do we know about Dovi? Only that he paid 000's of euros for special brakes in order to beat his team-mate, who did quite well on std anchors. Sorry , but Dovi's got about as much hope as Marco Melandri had (tho' I suspect he'll make lots of luvvly dosh).

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

dovi

if i rode that thing i'd have a sore neck too!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Dovi'll do ok....

Dovi 's not your usual high corner speed 250 rider, like Melandri or Rossi, but a point and squirt hard braker, not quite so reliant on front end feel as his tried and failed predecessors...

Think he may suprise a few people.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Ianone will be the best Duke rider. Rode great on a crap Moto2 bike. Audi will put some effort in the Ducatti Moto Gp. And the most talented rider will prevail. That most talented's name is Andrea. Ianone.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices