Skip to content

Discuss This Factory support lured Andrea Dovizioso to Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Factory support lured Andrea Dovizioso to Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Factory support lured Andrea Dovizioso to Ducati

Andrea Dovizioso’s desire to be the technical figurehead for a major factory was his prime motivation for gambling his future on a move to Ducati in 2013, according to former Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal. Dovizioso was offered a new deal to stay with Tech 3 squad in 2013 but was lured away from the proven YZR-M1 he scored...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 December 2012 15:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

Andrea Dovizioso Has

More chance of getting a blowjob off the pope than turning that Ducati into a winner!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

I agree

Carlos....I believe the same about Ianonne and although Dovi is a great rider he relies on the front end too much even although Vtwin seems to think otherwise.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

The duke is an ever evolving bike and no 2 years are the same, so just maybe some different input may work. Im not so sure though there's seems to me to be a fundamental flaw that only stoner could ride round.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I reckon Ducati will improve a lot next seazon. After all, they kicked Preziosi out. Plus i don't think Audi would take over if they don't believe they can make a difrence? If Audi can combine the Italian passion for bikes and their German way of going about things! A bit like the Lamborghini Gallardo, wich is both wild,fast ,pretty and reliable. 4 good riders, could be a great seazon!

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

Dovi on duke

More notable is Honda (esp) and Yamaha clearly don't want him as developer, why would Ducati? Well perhaps as he's tried the best and Ducati are playing catch up with aluminium. Prefer they return to C.F. now that shown not to be easy fix.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Personally I don't think they'll be anywhere until they drop the 90'' engine and dump the CF frame. It will be a shame if they have to copy the Japanese but if they don't I can't see them winning anything.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

mmmm

Not so sure about the Ducati improving a lot next year Carlos!
Nobody really knows what will happen.Sure they have the funds but do they have the expertise?
I think it will be more like the last two years trying to sort the bike.
Hit and hope.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Buelligan....

...hopefully with a bit more direction from it's "leading" riders, it will be a bit more hit and a lot less hope.....

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Dump the CF frame ???

Huh ??? CH 987. I thought they lost the thing for alloy twin spar a long time ago. 90 degree L  vs 72 degree V within a cuddly little 81mm bore. Gimme a break. Do the geometry,given the bloody short stroke applicable and pick the difference. The L is more balanced and the V is more compact to the tune of advantage .5% in either direction. Millimeters, microns and 3 degrees of forward or rearward tilt are not the issue.

The L4DI6 is the most powerfull lump on the GP planet. Crikey,most racer's complain about lack of power above all else. Ducati give it to them and they complain about it. Capirex/Barros/Gibernau/Stoner/Hayden and others had no issue about L4.

L4 only raised its head when transverse 4 sweety pie exposed himself as a one dimensional racer.

Sure,I'm talking Valentino. Silky smooth V5 Honda, Silky Yamaha transverse 4 big bang. Actually, the transition from RC212V to Furasawa M1 crossplane was easy.

Brutal power delivery and massive power of L4 Desmo was the china surprise Valentino had no answer for.

Moaning turned out to be the better part of valour in this instance. He should be fine on the silky bike next year.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Dont think a ducati GP with factory backing is anything to sign for. I thought after what has been achieved and seen with that bike riders would run away.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices