Skip to content

Discuss This Factory support lured Andrea Dovizioso to Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Factory support lured Andrea Dovizioso to Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Factory support lured Andrea Dovizioso to Ducati

Andrea Dovizioso’s desire to be the technical figurehead for a major factory was his prime motivation for gambling his future on a move to Ducati in 2013, according to former Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal. Dovizioso was offered a new deal to stay with Tech 3 squad in 2013 but was lured away from the proven YZR-M1 he scored...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 December 2012 15:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Bootlegger

I don't pretend to be an expert, just a humble engineer but you should have a read of this.

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2011/08/08/the_trouble_with_the_ducati_desmosedici_.html

From what I can gather Hayden was testing Rossis FTR built Twin spar frame at the last tests but I think he was still using the CF frame last year. The latest I've read is that Suter are building them another twin Spar to try.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

buell

Not so sure about the Ducati improving a lot next year Carlos!
Nobody really knows what will happen.

--------------------------------------------------------

Kinda funny as i recollect yourself and many others stating, 2yrs ago, ''if Casey can win on the thing then Rossi will walk it''. But now your stance has changed. Hmmmmmm......................................  

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Yep all about the money

No wonder this guy is the most unpopular rider in the paddock, among other riders as well as fans, his "I deserve a factory paycheck" act has been going on for over 3 years now, fortunately he is in on his last big MotoGP paycheck before he is forced to go looking for a feed in the WSB trough. Oink Oink.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Would have loved to have seen....

Dovi's reaction when he heard Stoner had turned down 15 Million to stay at Honda, lol greedy pig, Oink Oink. 

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ah PC....

I can't recall saying he would walk it but yes I admit that along with the biggest majority of motorcycle racing world that he could make they Ducati into a winner.Yes I admit I was wrong.
However if Ducati had got their act together then maybe they would have but now we will never know.
Personally I think Ducati will still struggle in 2013,certainly at the start of the season but with all honesty I want to see them improve and with an Italian on board.(Ianonne)
Now we can concentrate on your view that Rossi will be nowhere on the Yamaha and the majorities
view that he will be back up front!
I will be at Qatar to see him take his first podium of the year!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices