Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess haunted by Ducati failure MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess haunted by Ducati failure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess haunted by Ducati failure

Valentino Rossi’s crew chief Jerry Burgess says he will be haunted to his grave by the Italian’s failure to be competitive enough to challenge for victories during a disastrous two-year stint with Ducati. Rossi will be back at Yamaha in 2013 to renew his rivalry with reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo after he struggled to master the finicky Desmosedici.The Italian managed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 December 2012 15:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

I suspect He'll get over it

what with 14 world championships to his name.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

He's obviously a guy with immense pride in what he does, and didn't appreciate leaving with unfinished business.....unlike his mate.

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

Burgess don't give a shit about guys with mortages to pay. If he was that concerned he would have not taken the job. Rossi offers the biggest money, he'll follow him anywhere. Always been like that. Was a smug cunt right back when he was up Doohan's ass too.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Burges is a great crew chief, but he does not design a whole new bike . The M1 was jus't about unridable before Rossi and Burgess came to Yamaha. But Mr Furusawa thought of the counter clockwise rotating crancshaft and the whole crosplane firing order. Wich was nothing short of brilliance. Then again a certain nr46 took that great bike to a win first try. Wich was also not bad at all.. I reckon both Burgess,Rossi and Ducati might well have been stuborn? So what hopefuly Rossi and Ducati will fight up front next year!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Telling it from the heart..

As a big Rossi fan, I can identify with what Burgess says..

It HAS been disappointing that the results didn't come and nobody has come out looking good.

We can argue till the cows come home, apportion blame and make believe..but this is the reality.

From a Ducati perspective..the massive collateral damage of the present may be what is required to go forward. It's clear too much responsibility was placed in too few hands and ego's got involved. Hopefully Audi can provide good management direction, stability and funding.

From a riders perspective and given his age and past record, you can understand Rossi's thought process, that time is of the essence. He will have the chance to rebuild and banish the bad memories.

Maybe not as straight forward for others..perhaps.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

WOII

If Rossi does great and kicks J-LÓ's arse i wouldn't complain. It's the Rossi development rider thing i can't stand.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Demons of the mind?

He will have the chance to rebuild and banish the bad memories.

Do you reckon so?

I think it will haunt Rossi too, I think it will never leave his mind that he wasn't able to ride the Ducati, especially as the inevitable comparisons to Stoner's results on it cannot be airbrushed from history and particularly as he stated that Stoner under achieved on it due to a lack of set-up skills on the part of him and his crew. That's going to stick.

If results do come on the Yamaha, then publicly at least, I'd imagine all the talk will be of the here and now and the Ducati days will appear banished from memory. Privately though, I doubt they ever can be.

Reading the interview makes you wonder why Burgess followed Rossi back to Yamaha. Saying he seems less than excited about it is an understatement...  Describing it as an embarrasing lifeline doesn't make him sound like a man who is too happy with his lot.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Hard cheese Bargearse!

If this isn't an admission that all he is is a fkn workshop foreman, then I don't know what it is!The position has been overrated for bloody ages, just like the skills of the rider he's been sponging off.

What he says about pushing people out of jobs is spot on, if Flo had earned the M1 ride through effort and results, he probably wouldn't give it another thought and that's fair enough. The fact that the Italian poofter who managed 7th and 6th in the last two championships got his Yamaha greencard because tons of snivelling little softcocks fill their yellow wank socks every time they hear his name is what's worrying him, not the last two years of total fkn failure! Hahahahaha hahaha hahaha ha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahaha hahaha...

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

nice serving of humble pie?

serves him right for his 80 second fix !! hahaha!!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Spot On Bob

Excellent comment

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN