Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess haunted by Ducati failure MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess haunted by Ducati failure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess haunted by Ducati failure

Valentino Rossi’s crew chief Jerry Burgess says he will be haunted to his grave by the Italian’s failure to be competitive enough to challenge for victories during a disastrous two-year stint with Ducati. Rossi will be back at Yamaha in 2013 to renew his rivalry with reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo after he struggled to master the finicky Desmosedici.The Italian managed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 December 2012 15:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BackLaneBender

Nov 10

Sounds like Burgess could be on the verge of retiring from the Sport

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Err sounds goos but Burgess wasn't some lowly unacomplished spannerman cleaning gravel out of belly pans before Rossi came along! Burgess feels bad and he's man enough to admit it. I think it will simply reinforce their desire to win races at Yamaha and justify their presence in the garage. 

Personally I can't wait till the Burgess and Rossi kickers on here have to take their turn to eat some humble pie, but perhaps they won't have the courage of Burgess to take the first bite.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

Burgess is the man to turn a riders gestures etc in to a setup

he has done that with gardner\doohan and rossi

Im sure if he was just a workshop foreman why would these riders all say he is the man that helped them to there world titles.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

" It HAS been disappointing that the results didn't come and nobody has come out looking good."

Err, I think you'll find one Casey Stoner has come out of this with his reputation more than intact! Don't go blaming everyone Wosi - this was a fundamental factory issue, compounded by defamatory comments made by both Burgess and Rossi. The whole episode has been an embarrassing flop and despite their history, it will take time to rebuild their reputation... It's fair to say, this is a make or break season for Valentino and it'll be fascinating to see how it pans out..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Burgess is the man to turn a riders gestures etc in to a setup

Isn't this what any riders' crew do??  Anyone would think that Rossi/Burgess were the only winners of races or championships.

Surely, the Ducati period has proven beyond all argument that the crew chief is not the lynch pin of a team or key to success. He couldn't find a set up for the Ducati with Rossi and eventually they were forced by Ducati to use Hayden's set up after Estoril qualifying this year which immediately improved results. Rossi was around 13th in qualifying with his/Burgess set up whilst Hayden was 3rd

Burgess had 5 or 6 years with Doohan before Doohan won a title. If the crew chief makes the difference why did it take Doohan so long to start winning - the rider had the ability so why wasn't Burgess able to sort the bike?

Burgess has spent a lot of his career with the best riders on the best bikes. Had he been crew chief for Hopkins / Suzuki for a few years, would he have enjoyed such success there?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bulto how many posts have you said more or less the same thing about Burgess?
WE get your drift...you don't like him...zzzzzzzzzz

You will not convince anyone that actually know how good he is and you obviously do not.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Why single out what I said?

And it's nothing to do with me not liking or liking Burgess. There are still people who see him as some sort of set up god. You obviously agree. All I've done is try to put some perspective on it.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

What a wanker, mate...

Rossi and Burgess had no intention of winning with Ducati. They don't think Ducati should be in Motogp and did their best to f*** it up for the last 2 years. Ducati were developing the monocoque chassis then those two told them to scrap it! Was that intelligent advice? Ducati weren't likely to refuse that ar$ehole and the results are plain to see that it was the wrong thing to do (one of many wrong things), they developed the engine around that frame and a moronic switch of frame types was never going to work. Hopefully they will get back on track with a rider who actually wants to win on a Ducati and I don't mean Hayden.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

its not the first time

You have said exactly the same as this time.
That is the point I was trying to make.
Maybe you think if you say it enough people will start to believe it!
The only perspective you have put on it is your own.
If he had been Stoner's crew chief I bet you would not put him down so much.

Did Matt Birt actually write this?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Rossi..

Before he got the SACK..Preziosi, at the feet of Furasawa, offered to resign.

Ducati had Rossi on big money, which was covered because Rossi is Rossi, to listen & learn. They did neither.

Casey Stoner, over one lap, is the fastest man on the planet..but as we've seen this season, that ain't enough to win a title or, even beat your team mate! 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices