Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess haunted by Ducati failure MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess haunted by Ducati failure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess haunted by Ducati failure

Valentino Rossi’s crew chief Jerry Burgess says he will be haunted to his grave by the Italian’s failure to be competitive enough to challenge for victories during a disastrous two-year stint with Ducati. Rossi will be back at Yamaha in 2013 to renew his rivalry with reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo after he struggled to master the finicky Desmosedici.The Italian managed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 December 2012 15:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Here we go again..

Wosi..only you could get a Stoner "unable to beat his teamate" line into a Burgess thread...well done, though I shouldn't be suprised, you manage to squeeze it into every thread, regardless of context.....

From all of the amalgamations and mix and matches of various parts over the last 2 years, I think Ducati was doing a lot of listening. What 'proven' eveidence to you have to say otherwise?

And before you tell me Stoner couldn't beat his team mate....you already have....many timeZZZZZZZZZ

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No Buel

I've never made reference to Burgess' time with Doohan before. I mentioned it now in response to this comment from someone else.

Burgess is the man to turn a riders gestures etc in to a setup

he has done that with gardner\doohan and rossi

The inference seemed pretty clear - Burgess influence is what makes the bike a winner. So I simply asked why he couldn't do that in the few years before Doohan's first title. Seems reasonable enough?

That means I was taking issue with the comments that were written, not Burgess himself. If you weren't too ready to jump on any comment you see as criticism of VR or JB you'd see that.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner beaten by his team-mate.

What exactly is your point wosi? Stoner's 2 years at honda vis a vis his team-mate were exactly the same as valentino's last 2 years (at present) at yamaha, except stoner won 5 races in an injury plagued season to rossi's 2 in his injury plagued 2010 season.

Rossi's and stoner's records in terms of being beaten by a team-mate in the premier class are also the same, ie both have been beaten once, and then in seasons when both had significant injuries. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Burgess is the man to turn a riders gestures etc in to a setup ... Ohh ha ha fkn ha!

Then how good must Gabbarini be if he got all those wins for Stoner, how much better is he than Burgess if he can get a couple of dozen wins for a farmboy from the boonies?

That's the amazing thing about the number zero... no matter how many fkn times you multiply it, you'll never get the number 23! Hahahaha haha hahahahaha haha hahahahahaha hahaha ha ahahahahahaha...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Deja vous..

The point is - and you won't like it - Stoner was a bit of a lightweight.

He was getting well and truly beaten by his team mate before he he made that scoolboy error, trying to go fast over one lap at Indy.

We're not talking a handful of points after a couple of races early in the season here..NO!

It was deep into the calendar and the pressure was mounting..

Stoner blobbed a great chance of backing his title up but couldn't manage it because he's incapable of developing a strategy. Win or bin. Shit or bust..

He's a bit thick and of questionable character..History repeating itself as the same thing happened at Ducati.

Which ever way you look at it..his results were going backwards AGAIN! and he got spanked by Pedrosa - who's won nothing in 7 years on the best bike.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Too bad you couldn't sort the bike out, and you had over 63 million seconds to do so JB.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"He was getting well and truly beaten by his team mate before he he made that scoolboy error, trying to go fast over one lap at Indy."

He he (sic) (Pedrosa) was 9 points ahead... 182 to 173... 5% difference... do you just make this crap up to make yourself feel better?

:blink:

In a remarkable twist of coincidence that's exactly the number of points JL was ahead when Rossi crashed admitting it was a scoolboy (sic)error in 2010... 70 to 61... or 15% difference. Bit of a lightweight? Well & truly beaten?... yeah... right...

"Which ever way you look at it..his results were going backwards AGAIN! and he got spanked by Pedrosa - who's won nothing in 7 years on the best bike."

Who are you talking about here?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, a discussion on going backwards..

..in 2009 when Rossi won his last title, he won 6 races - the lowest number of wins he'd had in a championship winning season!..

And talking of schoolboy errors, wouldn't you regard his Mugello crash in second free practice ( ahem! ) on a cooling tyre, something worthy of teenager?..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

liking it

It is not a question of me liking it or not wosi, but rather a question of in which universe you were dwelling prior to the indianapolis motogp race this year.

In the universe in which as far as I know I have always existed, stoner finished ahead of pedrosa in 5 of the 7 races prior to sachsenring, where he was .115 secionds behind dani going into the last lap and still a small fraction of a second behind going into the second last corner, when he did make a schoolboy error in terms of winning the championship but in an endeavour usually considered laudable in others to win the race; dani rode a great last lap in that race btw.  

He had finished ahead of pedrosa in 6 races to 4 going into the indianopolis race and was ahead in the championship as has been said, and had been fastest in the first practice, and neither looked much chance of catching jorge for the championship at that stage. Despite being a notorious whinger he also accepted the Indy crash as part of the fortunes of racing, and didn't say "I told you so" despite his previous assessment of the track or surface anyway being unsafe when he won the previous year.

All credit to dani for finally having an injury free season after all his bad luck and beating stoner, just as l don't begrudge rainey his 1992 championship, schwantz his 1993 championship, or lorenzo his 2010 championship, but I don't believe that your specific argument concerning stoner is correct or even factually based. I freely concede that stoner was never going to win a large mutiple number of championships,  the mental effort required and physical risk associated with his close to the edge riding style was too great .

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Still moaning

Using Pedrosa to take a baseball bat to Stoner within the context of this thread is plain dumb. Stoner's retired Wosi, and the stats stay the stats. Burgess and Rossi punched way above their weight division once they elected to go Corse for the $$$$. No way to unscramble a scrambled yellow egg. 

Burgess has some unfinished business. A business he should have wrapped up and concluded back in 2010. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices