You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Neutral switch on bandit

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Goulders

Dec 12

Goulders says:

Neutral switch on bandit

I've got a 2008 gsf650 bandit with a sticky neutral switch. It quite often won't light up the green indicator even though it is in neutral. But, if I start to lower the kick stand the light comes on!!! Are they somehow connected?  Anyone got an idea to solve the problem?  Cheers. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 December 2012 13:14)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Suzuki GSF 650 Bandit 2008

Hi Goulders and welcome to the site :smile

If you are selecting neutral and it is a positive click into neutral yet the neutral light doesn't come on unless there is some sort of intervention then i would suggest the gear position sensor on the end of the gear selector drum is faulty and will probably need replacing.(the kick stand is not connected to this device)Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
74Crew

Dec 12

74Crew says:

Neutral switch on bandit - check Diodes

On the Suzuki's there is a diode pack near the airfilter intake / side of the battery. It is a small black plsatic item about  12mm x 15mm x 4mm , this is connected to teh neutral switch and may be causing issues,, check the contacts are clean,

Reply to this Topic
Goulders

Dec 12

Goulders says:

Cheers

I have taken the bike to the garage and it was diagnosed with a faulty neutral switch which has been changed and all seems fine now.  Cheers chaps

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Suzuki GSF 650 Bandit 2008

Hi again

Glade to hear you have your problem solved,just to point out that since 2007 all 650 Bandits have had a gear position sensor in place of the old neutral light switch(yours is a 2008) this new sensor has had some faults since it was introduced(especially in wet and humid conditions)so it will be the gear position sensor that will be replaced,Oh and it does turn the neutral light on and off as well :lol:Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices