Skip to content

General Right to bear arms... God bless the little ones. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Right to bear arms... God bless the little ones.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Right to bear arms... God bless the little ones.

Photo

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 December 2012 13:54)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

On a lighter note

Original meaning in the constitution:

Reply to this Topic
bimmerman

Aug 02

bimmerman says:

A touch of deja vu

We've had this conversation before on this forum and I have no doubt we'll be having them again in the future, after the next massacre.

Some useful statistics here: http://mark.reid.name/iem/gun-deaths-vs-gun-ownership.html and here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list.

The Mark Reid article and data are very revealing, particularly the last pair of graphs showing the difference between gun deaths (including suicides) and gun homicides. He steers clear of making a statistical evaluation, but there are days when I would kill (pun intended :winkie:) for a graph like this to show statistical correlation.

Basically, access to guns means more deaths (whether by homicide, accident or suicide). In Europe, we get upset and kill ourselves, in America they get upset and kill someone else :winkie:.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Too true Vulc

and why would she need 5 guns to "defend" herself in a suburabn neighbourhood. Ironic given how she died.

Too many Americans see guns as the last bastian of personal freedoms eroded by the government, and cling to them like some symbol of all that is sacred.

So, the thing they love most is a device designed purely to kill other things. That about sums up the problem right there I'd say.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

"preppers"

The freak's mother was what is known as a "prepper" - one who "prepares" for the time when that commie, fascist, Kenyan Muslim in the White House is going to collapse the economy, money will become worthless, and she'll have to defend her family from the seething hoards who'll steal their food.

And if you're at all dubious about any of the above, watch Fox "news" for a few months and you'll be convinced.  The radio airways are infested with right wing terrorists who'll scream the same apocalyptic ravings across the dial, 24 hours a day, coast to coast.

Naturally, because of this, Americans are all terrified of their own shadows, and buy guns & ammo to try to keep themselves "safe".

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Nothing like a

good old family Christmas, peace and good will etc

:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

sl

just a couple of things ( & i aint having a pop at ya )

" I was addressing those that say that, not you. "

fair point but you DID start your post off with " weasel64 " , so naturally i assumed it was addressed to me !!!

i know what ya mean about " If you go to the trouble of getting a bit of fertiliser every few days for months"

but somebody with murder spesh " mass murder " on their mind , aint gonna worry too much about time ( if they were they could just nick it off say a farmer who bought it in bulk for legit reasons ) , getting caught stealing really wouldnt bother them ( considering what theyve got planned )

as for the rest of your post i 100% agree

just thought id clear that up , as you did .... weasel64

Reply to this Topic
bimmerman

Aug 02

bimmerman says:

Fertiliser bombs

When I was a lad, you could make a small sugar bomb, blow up your local WW2 pill box and get a visit from Special Branch all within 48 hours. Back then, fertiliser bombs were popular with the IRA whenever semtex was in short supply. Nowadays, an awful lot of stuff has to be kept securely and usage/loss recorded, in case it's used for making explosives or a dirty bomb (even it it can't be used for a dirty bomb!)

And just to show the Yanks that gun control can be effective, the Aussies have already introduced automatic weapon gun control:
http://tobacco.health.usyd.edu.au/assets/pdfs/Other-Research/2006InjuryPrevent.pdf

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

"visit from Special Branch all within 48 hours."

No chance these days, what with "manpower shortages," etc. According to the BBC there are 30 police working on "Plebgate"!

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

RESPECT .. angel style

The Westboro Baptist Church went to picket the funerals of the fallen children of the heinous shooting. Proclaiming it was "God's" judgement due to the state standing up for gay marriage. Well, they came face to face with hundreds of Hells Angels. The bikers formed a human wall blocking Westboro from entering. Needless to say, the disrespectful bible thumpers backed down.

The Westboro Baptist Church went to picket the funerals of the fallen children of the heinous shooting. Proclaiming it was "God's" judgement due to the state standing up for gay marriage. Well, they came face to face with hundreds of Hells Angels. The bikers formed a human wall blocking Westboro from entering. Needless to say, the disrespectful bible thumpers backed down.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

looks

like a gathering of 'BACA'

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle