Skip to content

General Right to bear arms... God bless the little ones. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Right to bear arms... God bless the little ones.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Right to bear arms... God bless the little ones.

Photo

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 December 2012 13:54)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Blader....

why would anyone need a gun if not to kill anyone?...by your logic,they are dicks,but let the dicks carry/hoard/use lethal weapons.People can spout 'guns don't kill people,people kill people',but the fact is,people with access to guns kill more people than those that don't.

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

I'm with eddie Izzard on this one

And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it? You'd have to be really dodgy on the heart to have that…”:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Timothy McVeigh

Weasel64:  About that NRA poster concerning Timothy Mcveigh.   It's typical of NRA propaganda, in that it gives half or partial truths at best.

Yes, you can still purchase fertiliser, but if you buy it in bulk, it does get registered and flagged.  If you're not a farmer, say, or someone else with legitimate cause to buy large quantities, you'll get noticed by the FBI.

"Murderers will murder with or without a gun" was another line.  Sure - remember that guy who climbed into the clock-tower at Virginia Tech, and started throwing knives until he'd killed 30 people and injured 15 others?  Oh hang on - he was armed with guns, not knives.

What about the Columbine massacre,  where those guys used stones and poison to kill over a dozen... hang on, they used guns in the main and a couple of bombs.

Murderers - particularly mass killers - are far more effective with guns.  Saying anything else such as "guns are not the problem" is like a lawyer, slithering around to get an obviously guilty criminal off on a technicality.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

America's solution

is somewhat simle, but they won' do it.

The 2nd amendment says a well-regulated militia is needed, thus people have a right ot arms (ie: a citizen army to repell invasions in the absence of a standing continental army). Thus, anyone can own a gun, but it should be kept at a militia base.

However, the debate has become muddied with "personal protection" not mentioned anywhere in the constitution (regardless of what Antonin Scalia says); hunting and sports usage; and fear of government paranoia - like your AK is goona save you from an Apache gunship.

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

WTF?

Valko, did you know more people get injured by tea-cosies than chainsaws? And you're the sort of nutter now advocating teachers should all be packing tea-cosies? You are insane, they should be using chainsaws which are far safer.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Statistically

if 25% of car crashes are due to drink dirivng, then 75% must be due to sober people. Ergo, you are more of a danger if you drive sober.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

sl

& if you add up the total number killed ( in your examples ) you get how MANY LESS than 1 nutter with means to get hold of bomb making equipment ????

a LOT :wink:

also you only get ' flagged up ' if you buy in bulk , ever heard of " little & often ay ??? " ..:wink:

& ffs read my reply i STATE quite clearly that i DISAGREE with the line " guns are not the problem " , i also state that they are part of the problem , along with my example of nutters using legit means to make bombs ..

if theres any particular part you dont understand , pray just ask me ( & dont misinterperate my reply , like you did this one ) thank you :wink:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Hey weasel:

First off, sorry for my ambiguous wording - it was obvious that you weren't saying you agreed with the line "guns are not the problem", I was addressing those that say that, not you.

If you go to the trouble of getting a bit of fertiliser every few days for months, and take the time to assemble the bomb, and make a timer that works, then take the trouble to get the bomb into place - avoid getting caught (and setting it off prematurely) anywhere along the way - and it goes off successfully - then right - you will kill a lot of people.  Probably a lot more than one lone gunman could.

But look at the time, effort and organisational skills involved in doing all the above.  Any clown can - in America - get a shitload of guns and bullets, not to mention body armour, smoke grenades and the like - from your handy down-town gunshop.   Or online, for that matter, or at one of these ludicrous car-boot sale affairs where you can bring a pick-up truck full of weapons and sell them to anyone with the money.

McVeigh had been trained by the army, was organised, disciplined, planned the operation (with help from others) and was not stupid.

But some freaked out psycho bastard can grab his mother's guns & gear and head off down to the local school without very much thought involved at all.  There's a big difference there.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Gun ownership/homicide map

Take a look at this:
Gun ownership/homicides map

You'll see a direct relationship between high rates of gun ownership and murder by guns.   Anyone advocating more gun ownership is flying in the face of facts.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Indifference?

But I just don't care either way

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool