Skip to content

General a loveley story,bikers win! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > a loveley story,bikers win!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

a loveley story,bikers win!

now heres a tale I was  told last week from a pal present...bailiffs seized furniture and BIKE (HD)from an angel...it went to auction..as it was about to start a group turned up on HDs ,went in and advised really politeley, all present ..eg."dont bid on that sofa/TV/stereo/BIKE etc...the angel bought ALL his possesions back (and HD) for about 200 quid(No reserve on bailiffs goods ever)they then thanked everyone and the other bidders all clapped them as they left!!What a loveley story!One nil to the bikers! and a medal to the other bidders.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 December 2012 06:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Lots of

right and wrong opinions here about what a bailliff is, can do.. whether they should or should not be this, that or the other...

The point of the story here tho... and I have to agree totally with Tim's first post..,. whether these bikers said:

"excuse me, we'd very much appreciate you not bidding on these items"

or

"If you so much as look at this stuff we'll break your fucking knees cunt!"

This was intimidation.. nobody's gonna do any bidding after that are they??  ..really?

Not a particularly 'lovely' story at all!

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

rugbyman court

so did i.spend lots of time in the courts...many years in fact in a city.If  a court issue a warrant or order then that person enacting becomes a bailiff for that purpose as he has the protection of the court in that instance...tomorrow he may be a normal debt collector...no confusion at all....for some ie a distress warrant(this is the only one that must be in their possesion) then its a court bailiff and if you refuse entry the police will assist them,by law...the police are present to prevent a breach of the peace only but will also ensure that certain items are not removed...ie cooker/beds/bedding/tools  etc 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Vulc

agreed the system is not perfect. Many companies will not spend the time chasing 'debts' and pass them on to debt recovery firms as these firms add on their own, often exorbitant, charges.
Those companies often have no details of what the debt is or records of how they arose. It's just a matter of 'this is what we are told you owe'
No need for a company to get a court to authorise it.
But from the OP the Bailiffs had taken possession of goods, that can only be done with a Court order (CCJ or similar) so the fact that money was owed must have been proven to the satisfaction of a judge.
Whether or not there was any intimidation is mute, the complainant could request that the bailiffs return and re-seize the goods. The angel could do the same trick again, ad infinitum until the debt and costs were paid off.

Glad yours turned out OK as I said Nina should have just said check your facts - see you in court. I'm sure bully boy tactics wouldn't faze her, She's married to you :tongue:

Just so we don't start WWIII. that was a joke :winkie:. I know how touchy some people can be on this forum:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Baza

There are Court Bailiffs, Certified Bailiffs & Private Bailiffs, but all need to have had training. No reason why a private debt collector could not also be a bailiff and certificated by a judge as such

I could not be made a bailiff by a judge just to recover a debt owed to me unless I was able to prove to the judge that I had sufficient knowledge of the laws of distress

And, as you point out, any bailiff recovering goods would have to be directed to do so by a court

Rugs

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices