Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha to make 250 sports bike New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Yamaha to make 250 sports bike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Yamaha to make 250 sports bike

Yamaha has said it will make a 250cc sports bike. The YZF-R250 is expected to have similar styling to the R6, as in the above mock-up, doing the internet rounds. It’s not clear if the 2014 Indian model will come here.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 December 2012 11:00)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

R 4 those days to return.......

If Yamaha ever get round to making a super cool Super Sport's bike it sure won't be to the spec in the above `mock up' pic.:upset:

NO, more likely it'll be nearer to the Kawasaki Ninja 300 spec,as per usual.

Gone are the days of the ULTRA cool home market Japanese bikes such as the RVF 400, TZR250R,XANTHUS 400,KATANA 400,etc,mainly because of the price compared to bigger cc models.

Seems that people just can't handle the spec's of these super cool 400's, LOL,more likely that the Japanese are losing money on them,as no one will now pay £6000 for a 250cc machine no matter how top end the spec is.

Pity,as the above bike is how things should be, not the Ninja 300 route.......

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Yamaha to make 250 sports bike

"It’s not clear if the 2014 Indian model will come here." Is Yamaha to build these in India?

Reply to this Topic
SpeedLimitRacer

Feb 11

250? I'd rather a 400...

Yamaha, if you're listening, make it a 3 cyl 400. Let Kawasaki and Honda take care of the low spec 250's and enjoy a high-spec 400 market all to yourself.

Reply to this Topic
benCBR6

Jan 08

benCBR6 says:

Boring...

250 4 stoke? I'm just not interested. If you want a sports bike then Yamaha offer the R125 for learners, then the R6 for a first proper bike and then the R1. I really don't know who would be buying these bikes! And I don't sign up to the whole 'a 600 is too big a jump' argument - having done that route myself. (RS125 > CBR600) If Aprilia announced a relaunched RS250 (2 stroke) however... then I'd take notice.

Reply to this Topic
likesitfast

Sep 11

likesitfast says:

2 stroke

But it's not to be a stroker is it! And for that reason we don't care! #underpowered #expensiveifimpossibletotune

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Very much doubt we'll see it

Whatever the specs, it'll need either the current 25kW license (of which there will be about 5000 by 2014) or the new 35kW A2 license.

Given a license that lets you ride that 250 or Honda's new (and I apologise for the name) sub £5K "CBR500R", why would you even give the 250 a second look?

It'll be another agricultural built-to-a-budget 250 for the "top end" of the Asian poser market.  If that appeals, you've already got the (oh god, I am so sorry) "CBR250R" available, plus the new Ninja 300.  Given the time sales of any of them, there's just no room for more small capacity plastic fantastics in the EU or UK markets - Brussels has killed them off.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

250 ain't man enough.......

So, 250's are boring. Someone said going from an RS125- R6 is the way to go.

Hmm, depends if you wanna do it that way doesn't it?

I remember the Honda CBR 250 and ZXR 250R,Yamaha FZR 250,FAZER 250 and Suzuki GSXR 250, four cylinder F/S,revving to 17,000 rpm from  80's/90's JAPAN.

The Honda had gear driven cam's,tiny jewel like valves and spark plugs,alloy frame and was immaculate in construction.

Boring they weren't and even though they'd only top 112mph 45 bhp they looked the biz.

However,i must admit maybe Yamaha should build the YZF R4 as in 400cc 65bhp,136mph and looking like the above, why not, apart from price of course,as thy'd probably ask £6-7,000 for it,no doubt.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Great for some young guy starting out and when he upgrades to an R6, his mum won't even notice coz they look the same! Not sure what the mention of a 2014 Indian model means. Is it connected to this story or a typo?

Reply to this Topic
Lewisboard

Jul 12

Lewisboard says:

it's all because

licensing laws coming in next year, as long as they give it the 47bhp at a good price in theory it should out sell the competition, the honda's and kwaka's are lacking in the power department not utilising the higher bhp that they can use. if its going to be a sports bike i hope they don't do what the others do and make a sit up and beg full fairing job. if there gonna make these poor buggers jump through hoops give them summing fun to do it on like the 2stroke rs125 and my old baby the mito 125 (favourite bike i've owned when it worked). it could be brilliant if they do it right. doesn't affect me though now passed in august :-). if the kids don't have a bike to cream over that they can ride they'll give up and everything will go up in price and we'll all be effected.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

reckon a 47 bhp 250 would be better.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle