Skip to content

BMW BMW S1000RR HP4 arrives at dealers S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > BMW S1000RR HP4 arrives at dealers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

BMW S1000RR HP4 arrives at dealers

BMW’s new S1000RR HP4 has arrived at UK dealers. The enhanced S1000RR litre sports bike features dynamic traction control, race ABS and semi-active suspension. The HP4 Carbon has extras including a carbon-fibre tank cover. They cost £16,700 and £19,350 respectively. There are over 80 BMW S1000RRs for sale at MCN bikes for sale, find one here.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 December 2012 11:31)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

and?

what will this achieve?---years ago-a certain JW-at a certain launch is quoted as stating that most riders use a sportsbike to "just 29%" of its potential---and a certain KS was somewhat overcome by the power of a K6 GSXR 750--"its a race bike"----so who exactly will buy this-"for road use"?

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Who will buy this?

Probably the same people who buy £100,000+ supercars (Ferraris, Lambos etc.) and drive them on the road without using their full potential.

Reply to this Topic
trackdayfreak

Oct 11

To me riding a bike is all about being able to ride it,tweak it yourself do most of the servicing yourself,it seems that modern bikes are losing the plot a bit.

My fireblade is an early 1996 RRT model that goes pretty well is fairly comfy and is a real world bike,it has no ABS,traction control, multi mode fuel injected nonesense but is all the more fun for not having it,it has nothing on the bike that it doesn't need,it has the bare basis.

If I had one of these BMW's i'd probably crash it whilst I was trying to switch between modes or something!

As for the cost who can afford one I can't!

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

2012 Fireblade

...is all you need so go buy one of them, for £8500 instead(yes thats right..you can get 2012's for that much already) that's half the price for a current model 1000cc rocketship....who's gonna pay double that for a 1year newer bmw with some carbon on it, for the £8200 i'd save getting a 2012 blade i can assure you...i can buy alot of carbon bits and a full titanium arata exhaust and some bazzaz fuel injection and traction control, maybe some of my choice of tyres, full tank of gas, some wazy brake discs all around, lots of R&G protection in case, braided brake lines...i bet i'd have alot to spare maybe even pay a years insurance too!!

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Hurrah

says the one person in the planet who can afford to buy and THEN ride it anywhere near what it can do without worring how much it costs!

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I tried to phone the local dealer in Norwich today and they are closed on Mondays grrrrrrrr and yes I am that stupid =) If we only had bikes that we could use to their full potential on the road we would all be riding around on an ER6 or SV650 and not the sexy super twin/minitwin race versions. Sod 'full potential', sod 'the cost' and sod 'real world practicality' I like shiny shit and proud of it, if the only thing this bike does is makes my girlfriends knickers drop and it annoys my Mother then it will be worth every penny.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I showed this to m girlfriend and she says if I buy the bike she is goign to throw all her knickers away............  oh yea.

@trackdayfreak if all you need is a blade that is over 15 years old, then why do you even read a website that is called motorcycle 'news' that is obviously going to focus on new bikes?  wouldn't you be better with practical sportsbikes for boring old gits?

Reply to this Topic
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

chriswrens profile states:

My Dream Bikes are Repsol Fireblade / Honda SP2 / Ducati 999R !!

Perhaps he has idea's above his station ?

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

They are all dream bikes that I think are going to be future classics, have owned two of them previously and now regret selling them but at the time I did not have the resources to run multiple bikes........ I hope to pick them up again at somepoint but will console myself with the HP4 till then :)

Reply to this Topic
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

chriswren.......Perhaps

you should put a 96/97 RRT/RRV Fireblade on your dream list. I put 106,000 miles on one over 11 years and would say its the best of the breed. Try putting that mileage on a S1000RR with their well documented crank/cams and gearbox failures and see what happens.

Anyway. good luck with the HP4 if you get one.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices