Skip to content

BMW BMW S1000RR HP4 arrives at dealers S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > BMW S1000RR HP4 arrives at dealers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

BMW S1000RR HP4 arrives at dealers

BMW’s new S1000RR HP4 has arrived at UK dealers. The enhanced S1000RR litre sports bike features dynamic traction control, race ABS and semi-active suspension. The HP4 Carbon has extras including a carbon-fibre tank cover. They cost £16,700 and £19,350 respectively. There are over 80 BMW S1000RRs for sale at MCN bikes for sale, find one here.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 December 2012 11:31)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Commuting No Fun?

Anyone that finds commuting takes the fun out of riding is doing something wrong.  Although, on days that I have to drag myself in to work, I ride the Honda Elite (Lead) 110, as it takes less mental effort (lot easier to hold upright after coming to a sloppy stop than the more than twice the weight Honda Dullsville).

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Track Speed

Sorry, but a Honda CBR1000RR with the new Balance-Free™ shock and Big Piston™ fork can still be faster around a track than a Ducati 1199 Panigale or BMW S1000RR - may not have all the gizmo's, but just plain works.

www.motorcycle-usa.com/114/13490/Motorcycle-Article/2012-Honda-CBR1000RR-Track-Comparison.aspx

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

kennygorie

Some of us "Wank stains" Might actually own Bikes as well as £150000 cars Not sure of all these £1500000 cars? and don't forget there was something nearly as good as "Sliced Bread" before "Something" better came along. Just because most of us don't actually ride Your Favorite bike doesn't mean we are worthy of abuse. That's respect for others opinions...... In my humble opinion ...if you want to get depressed then buy the Daily Mail. Or a Chinese bike. My Busa out does, pretty much any car on the road for a fraction of the price and costs half the price of the trackday BMW. each to their own.

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Snev

Whatever dude, all I was saying is I'm fed up people going on about the point in these things? Really a 19k bike????? Oh it's too expensive!!! I'd worry too much that I'd crash it!!! Who has 19k to buy one!!!! They will just sit in peoples garages!!!! Why can't people just enjoy looking at it and reading what makes news!!!

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Snev

R.e sliced bread...........it was only in my opinion....... I don't give a hoot what other people ride, you may recall I love all bikes or did u just pick out the bits u wanted to read????

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Don't Kill Kenny!!

I'm with Kenny on this and a good rant is needed on occasion............ all this talk about sports bikes being to fast, to expensive, not usable on the road, think of the fuel economy blah blah blah it just fucking monotonous. 

and any way aren't the privileged allowed to enjoy motorbikes as well!! 

Some of us don't ride in the wet or back and forth to work, cause it just isn't fun (works sucks balls enough without turning up cold and wet). In my mind that makes us more of a biker than the ride-all-year-round mob. 

Side note: Yes you can wear all the sodding winter weather shit you like you are not going to be as dry and warm as someone in a car 

When I was 17 and agonising over the beauty of motorbikes and tearing around the country side on a CB125 it wasn't cause I was thinking of fuel economy or riding to work every day!! 

I'm certainly not 17 any more but to me being a 'real biker' is that feeling of whizzing about on the CB125 feeling like a bike god............ not the feeling of a podgy middle aged old fucker that is on his way to work for another 8hrs of shit and if spending £19k helps me feel even a tinniest bit like that 17 year old bike god again it is worth every damn penny. 

Put your teenage head on again or failing that go and ask a 17 year old who is in to bikes if he would rather have a 1996 Blade or the HP4?? but be careful when you ask him or he's likely to call the old bill and accuse you of being a nonce offering him a present.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Botsboy

Dec 12

Botsboy says:

Not all ride in the rain

I have to agree with chriswren, although I ride most days and as rain comes less frequently where I live, I do not arrive at work wet. My BMW dealer already has my enquiry regarding the HP. I am just wondering according to whom the HP is too expensive? Maybe Snev needs to ask around.

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Botsboy/chriswren

Thank you guys for understanding where I was coming from, I'm not on here to pick fights with people but just incase they didn't catch my point, if an hp4/panigale isn't for you then great, I'm happy for you but please stop trying to say there is no point in starship enterprise bikes. (Apparently bmw are toiling to get hp4s out quick enough as are ducati with there panigale, so looks like people can afford them after all) There is a bike out there for everybody. Lets not turn this into a football forum..........respect!!!......and a merry Xmas to all.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

respect....?

I actually agreed with the basics of your reply having been a victim of ignorance due to the different vehicles that I have owned over the years.... but calling other bikers "Wankers" and "WankStains" on a biker forum ?  shows  no "Respect" hence my response.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

You should go over to the MotoGP threads

We use " fuckwit" over there, sorry if this offends anyone but sometimes it's the quickest way to express your point. A forum wouldn't be a forum without people wanting to kill each other so I think a little " wanker" is acceptable n'est pas?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices