Skip to content

Discuss This HRC boss content with 2012 despite title defeat MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > HRC boss content with 2012 despite title defeat

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

HRC boss content with 2012 despite title defeat

Honda boss Shuhei Nakamoto has said he is happy with the performance of the official HRC factory MotoGP squad in 2012, despite losing the world title to Yamaha and Jorge Lorenzo. After dominating the final 800cc world championship in 2011 when Casey Stoner won 10 races, the smart money was on HRC being the factory to beat in the new 1000cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 December 2012 17:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Reading between the lines

what Nakamoto San is really saying....'If DORNA weren't such meddling cocks determined to hinder HRC by inventing last minute & mid season reg's in a futile endeavour to promote their chosen one, we would've had a clean sweep of all three titles."

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Rule Changes

The rules should never be changed mid season,period.Unfair to all involved & for what reason than to seek to unbalance or re balance the championship.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

HRC won't win in 2013 either

Agree, last minute rule changes are not on. But think Honda will have more difficulties than that next season - I don't think they have a potential champion in their stable. I think Pedrosa found some speed with the arrival of Casey, but he'll struggle to find that final edge against Val and Jorge.  

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I think JLo will be a worried man over winter. Dani owned him for the second half of the season and were it not for being taken out would more than likely have won the title..............and now Vale's back in the stable which brings a different kind of pressure. It'll be a long off-season for the Man from Majorca imo.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Dearest Nostro

agreed mid-season changes are unacceptable but would you really prefer to see an HRC/Repsol domination as per the Doohanesque era when MotoGP was reduced to high-speed demonstrations with predictable results or would you rather see 'real' racing where the outcome can never be predicted.  Another cynical and biased post from you kicking off this discussion,

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Saturn

But i guess it's ok when Vale was 'doing the predictable'? Jeez you're predictable.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pacey

I don't think I mentioned Rossi -  I was asking if predictable high-speed demonstrations were preferable to close and unpredictable results. Which would  you rather see.   I don't think Dorna always think things through but they are trying their best to put on an exciting show.    Easy to criticise from armchairs but not so easy to strike successful formats.    Thanks for last weeks discussions by the way .

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

You had no need to mention Vale bud. We all know where you stand.

I grew up watching motorcycle races. If i wanted to watch a show then i'd watch 'a show'. We live in an 'XFactor' era which i may not like but i equally accept. But it 'aint right imo.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I also grew up watching

Motorcycle racing and  that's what I want - racing - I don't want to see one rider from one factory clearing off into the distance week in and week out no matter who it is.  My love of bike racing started in the late fifties with John Surtees and I'll tell you what  the most boring era's belong to Agostini and Doohan. 

Different winners - different machines.  Moto2, Moto3 World Supers and British Supers all deliver that.   MotoGP which should be the pinacle of everything bike is the least exciting.  IMO that is.   :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

If a manufacturer has the innovation and ability to piss off into the distance, then so be it.....the onus should be for the rest to close the gap, not sit on their arses waiting for the organisers to penalise anyone that may be a bit too quick, in a tall poppy sort of mentality.

We are not seeing 'pure racing' but a contrived leveling out of varying talents to suit a wider, less knowledgeable audience.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices