Skip to content

Discuss This HRC boss content with 2012 despite title defeat MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > HRC boss content with 2012 despite title defeat

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

HRC boss content with 2012 despite title defeat

Honda boss Shuhei Nakamoto has said he is happy with the performance of the official HRC factory MotoGP squad in 2012, despite losing the world title to Yamaha and Jorge Lorenzo. After dominating the final 800cc world championship in 2011 when Casey Stoner won 10 races, the smart money was on HRC being the factory to beat in the new 1000cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 December 2012 17:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

vtwin

Bang on post. Without writing war and peace you've summed up the current state of MotoGP, its administration, its marketing goals, its target audience.....its very existence. The last sentence is one of the most accurate, non-biased things I've read on this forum.

Well done to you sir!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The problem Saturn..

..is the misconception that the racing was somehow better and closer before this modern era. You mention that in your opinion the Doohan era was one of the most boring and yet in the past have also been vocal about the lack of close racing now! Perhaps it's always been this way in the main, and only with the benefit of nostalgia do we think it any different. 

On another recent thread, I commented on the fact that other than Catalunya and Laguna, what thrill has Rossi given us in the last 5 years that other riders haven't? and yet, he's still seen as the saviour of close wheel to wheel racing - It's a brave new world out there and the game has moved on. Moto GP is more professional than it's ever been and that goes for all the riders too. We may not like it, but that's evolution for you and unfortunately for some, that's a bitter pill to swallow..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

IMO racing always been the same, the cream always rises to the top, how many winners last year 3 ? the year before 4 if you count spies fluke, 2010 4? not much off a show when you know the podium before the start is it?

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

@CHRainmaker

There have been plenty of other close races that Rossi has been involved in over the years - those two you mention are particularly noteworthy ones though. To add to the list Jerez 2005, Welkom 2004, Motegi 2010 (not for the win though) - there are many others but those are just the ones off the top of my head. Love him or hate him, to deny that he injected a bit of much needed excitement into Grand Prix racing is crazy. The Doohan era, without any real rival was exceptionally dull - at one point it looked like WSB was going to end up being the number one series in the UK (and it's debatable that it was for a time) as the racing was much more interesting. That definitely changed when Rossi appeared on the scene.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Spectacle or Pinacle ?

Pinacle - If you are a purist & think Moto GP should be the pinacle of motorcycle racing then you should be happy with the way the series is at present,give or take.At present it is all about development,money & the most elite riders,only 2 or 3 riders will be able to challenge for the championship & win races with the exeption of the odd win or podium by other riders.The playing feild is by no means level.

Spectacle - If however you feel that Moto GP is elitist,predictable & boring then you may feel that the playing feild needs to be leveled.The only way to acheive this is to heavily restrict the series & step back from proto type racing,ie the moto 2 route.

You can argue either way,but the only way you will get very close consistant racing is to ditch the prototypes,its that simple.Im not saying Moto GP dosnt have its moments,just not as many as other race serieses like Moto 2 - 3 for instance.I cannot coment on WSBK or BSB because I dont follow them.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

To level the playing field

for the purpose of closer racing you'd need to lobotomised, or sever wrist tendons in the three Spaniards. Talent remains a greater component than any perceived machinery disparity.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Simply..

..I agree, those other races you mentioned were good, I'm not disputing that. I asked what races in the past 5 years has he thrilled us though. What about Stoner in 07 at Catalunya or Garry McCoy in South Africa 2000 or Pedrosa at Brno 2012? There are other riders out there exciting us at given times - let's not be fooled into thinking there was a time any better than the one we're already in..

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

REALLY

I'D LIKE TO BET THEY'RE NOT

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Saturn

I understand your stance but racing for me is the first man over the line, end of. Trust me, IT COULD HAVE BEEN ANYONE aboard that bike, but Stoner at Silverstone last season was the absolute pinnacle of 'a race' for me personally. Complete control in the worst conditions while those around you stumble. Boring to some but perfection in my eyes.

PS...........'vtwin' nails it.  

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Evening Pacey

I was speaking generally there - not targeting any rider in particular - I agree Stoner treated us to some very impressive high speed exhibitions and deserved the wins even though his career somewhat resembled a yo-yo.

Would you be equally excited if the same rider on the same bike won 10 times every season for 5 years or more ?  During the Doohan era I continued watching only in the hope that he would be beaten. If you're served ice cream every day eventually the appeal of ice cream decreases  and you might like a little apple pie.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices