Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN double issue December 19: Triumph Daytona 675R first ride General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN double issue December 19: Triumph Daytona 675R first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN double issue December 19: Triumph Daytona 675R first ride

In this week's five-in-one Christmas double issue of MCN, out December 19, we have the first test of the new Triumph Daytona 675R. In 2006 the Daytona 675 really shook up the supersport class. Can it do the same again? We also test the new 'Skyhook' Ducati Multistrada against the 2012 model, to see if semi-active suspension really does make a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 December 2012 12:57)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BREE

Mar 08

BREE says:

triumph

Ha Ha no doubt we will have another very biased write up about the Daytona 675r being a triumph MCN will have to make it without doubt theeeeee best bike ever. Boring Boring Boring.. its about time you dropped the pretence at MCN and come clean about you unhealthy tie up with the triumph mark,.,.

Reply to this Topic
adieboy

Sep 12

adieboy says:

Bree says... 'Ha Ha no doubt we will have another very biased write up about the Daytona 675r being a triumph MCN will have to make it without doubt theeeeee best bike ever. Boring Boring Boring.. its about time you dropped the pretence at MCN and come clean about you unhealthy tie up with the triumph mark,.,.' I'm not sure whether MCN is biased towards Triumph, I have read some or most of their articles on various models and some are critical. Because a bike is good and British is no bad thing and if you read other reports from various other bike mags both here and abroad on their (Triumph) newest models they are all very good. Sales tell the tale and it appears MCN have every right to shout about the Models with the 675 at their heart cause they look and appear to be the business.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

Triumph

Triumph's 675 triples, are considered the best in class across all mags and also in the USA bike press, and rightly so, for the most part they are cheaper, lighter, faster, better handling, better sounding, and much much cooler, due to the Triumph name on the tank, than Japanese fours, some people seem to have very sour grapes about this which is a pity....

Reply to this Topic
trevster

Aug 02

trevster says:

Triumph

@BREE, you should be proud of the fact that a British company can actually produce a bike that's class leading with so much competition out there. Despite what MCN says Triumph are making some cracking machines considering the mark was only reborn 20 yrs ago to be able to build bikes that can compete with the Japanese is a remarkable achievement in my book!

Reply to this Topic
kawasakininja1

Apr 12

FANTASTIC MCN calender :)

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

Fact free Bree !!!

Oh dear ,it didn't take long for another one of the anti-Brit brigade to come out of their fact free,reality free corner did it ? As stated already by some of the better informed and knowledgeable contributors,the Triumph 675 models of all types,regularly get rave reviews from everywhere,whether it be the USA,Japan,Germany,Italy ,France,Australia and so on..but that's not good enough for Bree it appears..he knows that all these countries journalists are in the pay of Triumph and MCN is just one part of the conspiracy...that must be the case,otherwise it would mean that Bree was wrong !!!! no it couldn't be..surely not? Bree obviously was wilfully blind when MCN gave a poor review of the newest 1200 Trophy.just a few weeks ago,criticising its handling.switches,clocks etc.etc.The new Daytona,another great new British bike,good for bikers,good for jobs and national pride in British engineering,shame some people can't get past their prejudice against Triumph and perhaps MCN too.

Reply to this Topic
mark0711

Mar 11

mark0711 says:

According to the cover of this weeks paper it states that we get a free calendar , now mcn is usually £2 but this week it is £3 so where is this so called free calendar ? FREE MY ARSE !

Reply to this Topic
MCNGuyP

May 09

MCNGuyP says:

@mark0711

Hi Mark, the paper is twice as big as normal with more than twice the editorial. That has accompanying costs for us which we partially cover with a one-off price rise. We hope a rise of 1/3 for an increase in what you get to read of over +100% is good value. The calendar IS free. Have a look at it in the shop at least – we really believe it's the best Xmas double we've ever done. If you think it's not worth the price of a pint don't buy it. But give it a chance! Cheers, Guy

Reply to this Topic
Lord Larry

Jul 07

Lord Larry says:

@MCNGuyP

Actually an increase from £2 per copy to £3 represents an increase of 50% - the additional £1 being 50% of the original £2. However, with the x2 size increase and the inclusion of a calender, I'm sure the special issue represents good value for money.

I also second the comments of 955nsim and Trevster that its great to see Triumph, a British company, producing world class motorcycles and in the case of the Daytona 675R a class leading motorcycle. Now if they would just make a 360 degree cranked Bonneville, with loud pipes, upside down forks, twin disc front brake, bored and stroked to say 1100cc and tuned to produce 100bhp, that would be just dandy and I'd buy another of their bikes. 

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

MCNGuyP

I got stung again! I told my wife last year that I would not buy the Christmas edition again due to the massive, and unannounced price hike. I buy it every week but do resent paying £3.00, a 50.25% increase. I dont buy into what Guy is saying as MCN editions slim down in winter due to no racing etc so its no bigger than a summer edition at the peak of the racing season at £1.99.  

f they were to prominently pre warn us about the increase fair enough, maybe? Can you imagine the outrage if they increased the price of your daily rag by 50% because it included a Christmas TV guide? no I guessed not and you would not put up with it. In short, a rip off with a calender to sweeten the pill.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices