Skip to content

Discuss This The manufacturer with the 'most improved' range in 2012 was? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > The manufacturer with the 'most improved' range in 2012 was?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

The manufacturer with the 'most improved' range in 2012 was?

MV Agusta had quite a busy year in 2012 by their standards. The premium Italian brand introduced two new models, both using a brand new 675cc three-cylinder engine, but was it enough for them to be the most improved brand in 2012? Cast your vote below. pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 December 2012 16:51)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

That's a hard one....

I'm not sure I can offer my opinion on this due to not owning or actually riding all models of all makes, however I would say that BMW, MV Agusta and Kawasaki have certainly introduced some very desirable bikes over the past few years whilst many others have played it safe or not even tried.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

DUCATI...

They deserve the credit.  They have totally expanded their line up and have emerged as an extremely competitive, full scale makers of not only drop dead gorgeous bikes but also technically advanced ones!

Reply to this Topic
edsy007

Jan 10

edsy007 says:

MV?

MV? I suppose when you have 1 bike of any note and you add 1 or 2 to the range, the range has improved massively percentage wise. But to be compared with Honda and their range is laughable. No Kawasaki option? they have a great range now and much improved in 12. Honda win though in my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Ducati

They get this award any day of the week. They've really poured time and money into the motorcycle market. No conservative bikes or ethics. Put them on the list.

Reply to this Topic
jqworle

Jan 12

jqworle says:

Kawasaki

Where is Kawasaki , some great new bikes his year .

Reply to this Topic
gourmaillon

Dec 11

gourmaillon says:

anyone else sick of all the damn polls?

can we have some NEWS

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Joke

This has to be a joke right, Kawasaki are offering the best full range of bikes period. This brand favouritism is getting ridiculous mcn. More unbiased options please.

Reply to this Topic
souroush

Nov 11

souroush says:

Very well said "Wesley01"

It is really disgusting how MCN favors Triumph and Honda over the Kawasaki brand one based on being a British made the other based on being easy to ride !!

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

I know everyone's a bittie upset about favouring manufacturers, but although the kwackers have improved massively, doesn't the fact that triumph seem to have breathed on their whole range and introduced several major new bikes significant. The two new 1200's are not to be sneezed at.

Huskvana have to be right in the mix, as it seems to be pumping new and interesting designs out the door.

KTM might not be in the mix for this year, but it looks like they're about to stick a whole raft of new bikes out.

As for Honda bashing.. again MCN do seem to favour them but Honda's new range of low fuel commuter bikes are really significant along with a very nice adventure tourer and the new 500's look great additions to its range. MCN basking: Justified. Honda bashing: Not justified.

Behind that I'd put Kawasaki as an honourable mention along with some of the Chinese brands who seem to be making great strides forward.

As for MV Agusta, I don't really think so. Yes, they've got a couple of new bikes, but they still seem to be the standard "too sudden throttle, not really any good for the road" type bikes..... again.

Post script: Just switched browsers and saw the poll which doesn't show in google chrome. Shame on you MCN for making that list so small

Reply to this Topic
parablob

May 09

parablob says:

joke

crap again! for a poll to be valid all manufactures should be listed or it appers to be a list of favourits supplied by mcn, Kawasaki prob have the best range so far, and if i put a list together i would ensure that kawaski was listed with other manufactures that had no hope so my choice would come out on top, no doubt triumph as a good range so do honda  but come on lets stop puting polls together unless they are fair!!!, and yes i have just had a new bike Z1000sx and only after testing all the bikes i likes including Kawaski triumph honda yam etc I settled on the one I liked  so i for one dont take a blind notice of what others think !!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices