Skip to content

General Anybody interested in a new friend Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Anybody interested in a new friend

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

elmuhamady

Dec 12

elmuhamady says:

Anybody interested in a new friend

Hi all,

I am Amr, 27 from Egypt

I am here coz I like Motorsport and Britain :smile

well, I like MotoGP, F1, WSB, BSB, WRC, ....., But Motorsport isn't famous at all in my place actually I am the only one among my friends :upset:

Anyway I like Britain and it started to know about it thanks to Top Gear (I know they don't like bikers especially Jeremy :mad:)

and I know a lot about it (from internet of course

:biggrin:). 
    I have the dream to visit Isle of Man and Scotland one day:unsure:

I hope to make some British pen-friends so I could find some one to speak with about bikes, cars, machines, ...... and by the way I am an Engineer :wink:

So plz any one interested ? it would be great 

I can speak English very very well, and it's improving.

hope to get a reply and I posted this in the general section also hope to get attention.

Thanks 

Amr

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 December 2012 13:52)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Hi Amr

..and welcome ...looking for friends? - well you have come to the right place! People on here are super-friendly.:winkie: 

Ok, I'm going to take my cynical head off and assume for now that you are genuine and not another troll's fake username.

Yes, I'll be your friend...no kissing though! :winkie:

I live in Scotland and have a GSXR1000 my partner rides a GSXR750.

Whereabouts in Egypt are you from? Do you have a motorbike? What is it like to ride there?..... and best of all - do you have any pics from riding in Egypt (we love pics):winkie:

Also who do you like in MotoGP? What do you think of Rossi's chances next year?

Cheers

Your good chum

Kam 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
elmuhamady

Dec 12

elmuhamady says:

Hi Kamchat

thanks for reply, I know "Amr" is kind of strange name for u, but it's very common here, for riding I was riding a MZ few years ago, but not now and currently we have cheap chinese ugly motorcycle here and I prefer not to ride rather than ride one :wacko:

Any way to get a good Jap one like Yamaha, Honda, ... it will cost the same like a salon car which I can't afford so I fulfill my love to bikes by watching untill get enough money :tongue:
My preferred one in MotoGP is Dani and Cal, of course as it's ordinary for any biker to like Rossi, I like him so much, but when he joined Ducati I thought he would do it again as he did it before with Yamaha when it was a noncompetitive bike, but I think he couldn't do it again. I think he is just going to prove that the problem was with the bike not him and then leave MotoGP after proving that with Yamaha coz now getting an honorable retirement is more important to him, I like him and I really want that to happen. 

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Hi Amr

Sorry to hear you are 'bikeless' at present....When you save up enough money what bike do you want to get?

Are 'adventure' style bikes (BMW GS etc.)more popular than sportsbikes in Egypt?    

Glad you are supporting our Cal in MotoGP. ..and I agree with you about Rossi ...I am hoping he comes back to win next year's championship to prove a point. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
elmuhamady

Dec 12

elmuhamady says:

Hi Kamchat

"Bikeless" kind of new adjective for me as I am improving my English but I like it :laugh:

well, the famous bike style her in Egypt is naked as it's the case in MZ and Chinese :smile
For me I like sport bike and dream to get a midrange 600 one like R6, CBR, GSXR, ZX6R.... like that :wink:
But they are not sold here and the only one I saw ads for it is the CBR and costs almost the same price like a brand new Honda civic !!!!

For Rossi I don't think he is going to win the champion but I am sure we are going to see amazing races, he is back to Yamaha, Marc on Honda and he is already amazing, Dovi is going to Ducati and it may work with him as u know ducati is kind of bike has no customization for some riders' style :blink:, and Bradl going better and after the more support of Honda he is going to fly, cal is going to win Silverstone and plays as usual just for pure racing and fun and I love that, and of course Dani as usual is there to win the 2nd place :lol:

it's going be Awesome :hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Wow

'Same price as a Honda Civic'.

Here in the UK a basic Honda Civic has a list price of around £17,000.

Whilst the R6 or a GSXR600 are just under £9,000.

So the bike is just over 50% of the car price.

I suppose the real test of affordability is relative to wages. Of course wages vary depending on jobs but, as a rough guide using a typical office worker, the bike's cost would be equivelant to 5 - 6 month's gross salary. I don't know how this compares to Egypt?

Of course many people here will buy their bikes 'second hand' and there is a good supply of decent bikes to buy ..you can pick up a good low mileage bike that is a few years old for about half the cost of a new one. I'm guessing from your comments that this is not the case in Egypt?

How much are you paying for petrol per litre? 

As a MotoGP fan do you have the possibility to go to any races? I am guessing the nearest for you is Qatar or one of the Italian rounds?:mellow:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
elmuhamady

Dec 12

elmuhamady says:

Hi Kamchat

Well, the 9000 GBP equals about 90,000 in my currency :biggrin: and for the like R6 after adding about 28% importing taxes and the profit of the dealer (if only you found him the only the only one I saw his ads was Honda and it was a kind of full range of Honda products) so you will need and importer to bring it to you (customarily:smile)

I once found online an add for R6 about 6 years old with about 30,000 km and it was about 70,000 and for average very good salaries her it equals about 24 months salary :lol::lol::lol: (I am not kidding:mad:)

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Amr

'I once found online an add for R6 about 6 years old with about 30,000 km and it was about 70,000 and for average very good salaries her it equals about 24 months salary :lol::lol::lol: (I am not kidding:mad:)'

Yikes! - that would be like us having to pay £40,000 - £50,000 for a six year old R6! .:shock::shock:..In reality it would cost around £4,000 here. :winkie:

Looks like we should set up an export business shipping second-hand bikes to Egypt! Lol! :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
elmuhamady

Dec 12

elmuhamady says:

Don't

Don't do that cause you will not find anybody to buy them. Those importers rain the market with cheap Chinese bikes almost every young here has one, even the famous MZ and Jawa sales died long time ago :upset:

Reply to this Topic
KateKate

Jan 13

KateKate says:

Egypt

Where are you from Amr? You sound like you have never seen anything except a chinese bike in the flesh. Plenty of folks ride other stuff in Cairo! That aside, Chinese bikes may be a bit shite but they are great workhorses, they are not just toys.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Just one question...

Why on Earth do you like Britain?   Most of the people here don't,  Europe generally regards us as a PITA,  America has complete contempt for us, and the rest of the world has positive reason to hate us.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices