Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi

Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo’s relationship will not be dominated by the friction and animosity that existed between the pair between 2008 and 2010. Rossi’s return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013 has inevitably sparked talk of a renewed bitter rivalry with former foe Lorenzo. In their previous three-year spell together they had numerous on and off track clashes and Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 December 2012 15:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ha, ha Buelli you really are a piece of work

You can chose to dismiss the words of proper insiders like Furusawa, Burgess, Jarvis, et al, but those of us living in the real work know a little differently to your child like dillusions.

Light another candle in your Rossi shrine room. Make it a small one though, as there's no need for for it to burn bright or for much longer.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

If all the other's who's career the duke has ruined had the crowd/sponsor pulling power of rossi then maybe they would have be given/gifted (not earned) a seat on the championship winning bike. I dont for one minute think rossi and hayden and loris,marco et_al have lost there mojo, and think that nostro may get his arse burned on this one, The fact the max went to win 2wc against a host of young guns means age isnt an issue, equipment is.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel old chap

There is no 'win' here - I mentioned what Furusawa's opinion was, whether I believe it wasn't mentioned and is irrelevant - it's his opinion. Yet you're as obtuse as ever and and twisting more than Chubby Checker.

But wouldn't you say that Furusawa is likely to have an idea of how things will pan out in the Yamaha garage next year, having spent more than a few of them working with both riders and witnessing the aggro between them last time?

And do you really believe they are going to get along. There will be a complete lack of trust from both sides, Rossi wondering whether he has equal equipment, Lorenzo wondering what moves Rossi is trying to pull behind the scenes to gain any advantage he can. I'd be amazed if there aren't clashes on and off track between them. As Jarvis said, neither became champion by acting like shrinking violets.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So Saturn

I'm not sure what you're saying exactly here, but it seems to be an acknowledgement that Rossi won the title from a bunch of old men on a downward spiral (Gibernau was no younger than the youngest of the others) rather than opponents of similar ability or prepared to risk all.

I think your comments underpin my point - age does count. All the riders you mention apart from Gibernau were on a downward spiral - that's it - Rossi is now in decline - he was the young pretender who took the crown and kept it longer than most

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bultoboy

your 'bunch of old men on a downward spiral' analogy is a little extreme but they were apart from Gibernau reaching the twilight of their careers as Rossi is now, that doesn't mean they couldn't cut it at the sharp end tho'.      Young guns rule - that's the way it is and it will be a young gun that sends Rossi on his way - champions are born - live and die  Rossi knows that better than anyone but don't write him off completely he still  has a few surprises up his sleeve. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
akaDan

Nov 11

akaDan says:

InternetExplorerGP

Will you all PLEASE shut up. Listen to you, a bunch of arm chair racers. I'd like to make a comment about seeing what Stoner means when it comes to the politics and bitching in GP, but I'm worrid that it'll spark even more outrage at me daring to mention his name, followed by accusations that I'm a 'Moaner27' fanatic.

Bloody bunch of sofa experts. Go back to waddling through the country side in third gear on your 1000cc penis extensions.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Young Guns (Go For It)

A great song, anyway, the young guns theory holds up until you look at World Superbike where it appears there is never a substitute for a few wrinkles and the odd whiff of cabbage. The obvious thing to deduce from this is that the fillies are less frisky in Supers so require just a little less young spunk to keep them in check, if you pardon the pun. The obvious question is, why aren't the young riders in WSB kicking arse? The only reason I can see is that they aren't good or fast enough and this might be down to the more "fund yourself" nature of the Superbike paddock? It might also be because of the extra step up in the series, Superstock 600 to WSS to Superstock 1000 to WSB, and because the steps are all quite big. Dunno.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Age smage

Very few of the yellow bellies on here seem to acknowledge or even contemplate the probability that Rossi's powers have not diminished at an age in which he should be in his theoretical prime, but the game has been moved on beyond his scope to compete by more talented competitors. Rossi himself recognised this with his 'Him or me' Lorenzo ultimatum in 2010.

Mojo is an entirely different matter. Rossi's has certainly taken a hit in the last two years. You see and hear this in his demeanour. He's a much humbled man nowadays.

Desire. That's something else again. I don't doubt Rossi still has that. Little point in gridding up otherwise.

Rossi did some good winning in a era of historically weak opposition. His best years were 08 & 09 on a clearly dominant motorcycle. A learning Lorenzo and frankly sub par Pedrosa & RCV. Although Stoner without his '09 sicknote would've been a different story perhaps. More of Rossi's famous luck back in the day.

Reply to this Topic
akaDan

Nov 11

akaDan says:

@Nostro

Just like Lorenzo's 2010 luck with the greatest MotoGP rider to date missing a chunk of the season due to a broken leg?

Just like Lorenzo's 2012 luck with Honda's chatter problem and Stoner missing a chunk of the season due to a broken ankle?

Listen to yourselves, you go on and on about luck, poor opposition, bike advantages... do any of you really have any idea what you're talking about? Racing is racing, and the results are how they pan out; it is not a case of being the luckiest rider in the world, it is what it is.

Note: Nor am I a 46 fanatic.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

im a rossi fan oh and stoner, pedro, lorenzo and all the others, not sure bout marquez whilst i love watching him i worry bout him as well, might just be my age and old man sensitivity creeping in don't wanna see him get injured.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices