Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi

Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo’s relationship will not be dominated by the friction and animosity that existed between the pair between 2008 and 2010. Rossi’s return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013 has inevitably sparked talk of a renewed bitter rivalry with former foe Lorenzo. In their previous three-year spell together they had numerous on and off track clashes and Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 December 2012 15:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

please read carefully bulto

He reckons also that the re-pairing of Lorenzo and Rossi will be unmangeable and fireworks will erupt sooner rather than later.

Aint it strange how your views differ from the real ones!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

" I’m sure we are going to have some moments and issues because racing at this level is highly competitive... I’m sure there will be situations. We are going to have to deal with them and we will"...

..."There should be no reason for any friction now"

He quotes a reason why friction could have to be dealt with & then says there's no reason for friction... I take it these 2 statements are from 2 different interviews... it's almost like they're from 2 different people.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

friction

Nobody really knows if there will be friction between them but I am sure if there is it will be very different from the last time.
If Lorenzo constantly beats Rossi then I do not think much will happen at all but if Rossi starts beating Lorenzo then I can see Jorge throwing big tantrums.
Lorenzo's head must be in a funny place at the moment after the latter part of the season and also he is unsure how competitive Rossi is going to be on the Yam.
I think if Jorge can show his superiority in the tests and has a good start to the season he will be unstoppable but that just may not happen.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Interesting perspective Buelli

When all the tension last time around came from Rossi's immaturity and ego. When Lorenzo joined Yamaha he looked up to Rossi thinking him a great champion. Whilst Rossi - being no fool  - recognising the speed of Lorenzo bleated and moaned to Yamaha and had walls put up.

This atrocious behaviour from Rossi of course culminated at Sepang 2010 when instead of respecting Lorenzo's passage to the title Rossi engaged him with some unneccessarily hard overtaking. Lorenzo of course replied in kind as this is what the animal instinct of a racer does, before calming down and letting Rossi go. I think of a similair time in 1990 when Lawson came back from injury. Despite not liking Rainey he was professional enough to say if he could help Rainey to the title that would be nice. Rossi as we know though is no team player, nor a man of the magnitude of Lawson.

Rossi has been humbled in the last two years, and as a result has probably grown as a person. Time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

Of course Rossi has been humbled in the last two years. Two seasons in the doldrums and reaching the crossroads agewise is indicating the end of his career.  He will either depart MotoGP magnanimously or ignominiously.   Of the two I predict that whatever happens Rossi has learned and matured as a person and will leave magnanimously. I also predict that there will be wins and podiums to come and that will be all he needs to retire with his pride intact.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

"Valentino was the established king of MotoGP and Jorge was the prince arriving to try and dethrone him. That undoubtedly created a lot of tension but now it is quite different.

----------------------------------------------------

Or it could read 'the King shat himself'.

Reply to this Topic
Neverking

Jul 08

Neverking says:

The King

Yeah pretty much did shit himself! And then had to leave for a few races and essentially bitched out of the Championship because milk and cheese made him poorly sick!......oh wait....

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Please read carefully Buell

He reckons also that the re-pairing of Lorenzo and Rossi will be unmangeable and fireworks will erupt sooner rather than later.

Aint it strange how your views differ from the real ones!

Oh dear Buell. Your grasp of grammar doesn't allow you to realise that because that sentence begins with HE and not I, it isn't my view, it's someone else's?

There was an additional clue in that the sentence previous to that one actually said it was a view expressed by Furusawa from his recent interview.

As for the 'real' view, it seems Jarvis is as confused as you are, firstly saying that there will undoubtedly be 'moments' they will have to manage, then following up with he "sees no reason for any friction because they are in different phases of their career and lives, so I am hoping and expecting that they will co-exist in a positive way".

And prior to that of Rossi, despite him being in a different phase of his career, "He’s an established star that is coming back to show he can win another championship and still win races".

I can see why he's manager, he has the ability to talk utter bollocks and contradict himself.

Surprised you haven't applied for the job...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

Two seasons in the doldrums and reaching the crossroads agewise is indicating the end of his career.

You can't keep referring to his age, because if you do then you put a question mark over the achievement of his early Motogp record which was against opposition close to the age he is now - Biaggi, Capirossi, Barros, Gibernau, Roberts Jr etc. were all pushing 30 when he won his first title in 2001. By 2005 they were all in their 30s, he had 7 years on most of them.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Gotta smile at this one...

Both of them are a little bit older and the scenario is very different now to what it was in the past.

So the scenario is no longer the case that both want to win the title then...

Their "staus" within the team is irrelevant on that score

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices