Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi

Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo’s relationship will not be dominated by the friction and animosity that existed between the pair between 2008 and 2010. Rossi’s return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013 has inevitably sparked talk of a renewed bitter rivalry with former foe Lorenzo. In their previous three-year spell together they had numerous on and off track clashes and Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 December 2012 15:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

NeverKing

Yeah pretty much did shit himself! And then had to leave for a few races and essentially bitched out of the Championship because milk and cheese made him poorly sick!......oh wait....

--------------------------------------------------------

You're right bud. But it doesn't explain how his 'poorly sick season' produced more wins/podiums than Vales 2yrs aboard the thing? Tata.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

I think your comments underpin my point - age does count. All the riders you mention apart from Gibernau were on a downward spiral - that's it - Rossi is now in decline - he was the young pretender who took the crown and kept it longer than most - but will still show a bit of class before he finally bows out.  Every champion in every sport finally gets beaten by a young pretender and age is the key.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

oh dear bulto

You are a cracker the way you twist and wriggle things about.
Was that the same HE that you talked about in a previous post but when I asked for a link to prove what he said you just ignored it.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

buelli

You are a cracker the way you twist and wriggle things about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Stop it ffs bud, my sides are splitting lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
paulthew

Aug 11

paulthew says:

a bt of spin, a bit of laying down the law, perhaps?

I'd say his comments are a combination of PR (standard corporate spin to suggest everything is fine and dandy in Yamaha world) and the real message of management; talking to his riders via the media, i.e. we expect you two to behave, okay?

There is always tension between team-mates, some more intense than others.

Neither man has won world titles because they are shrinking violets. Casey Stoner was another. He often spoke his mind, as did Lawson, Sheene and Roberts. Gardner once called his Honda a 'bag of shit', or words to that effect.

I think being a competitive (note that word) team mate to any of that lot would be a frictionfest of mind-games, if not outright hostility.

Once the season is under way, I reckon they'll be more concerned with trying to reel back the Honda's than fighting with each other. The good news for them is Casey isn't riding, and Marquez is something of a rookie, although that may turn out to be wishful thinking.

Either way, I cannot wait.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell old son...

To quote dear old Bob Monkhouse from Family Fortunes:

You said: 

where did you read that bulto??Go on gives a link?
I think we know now it is not true because most of what you post is twisted bollox.

Our Survey said:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/motorcycling-rossi-lorenzo-unmanageable-201842826.html

http://gpxtra.com/2012/12/14/yamaha-racing-didnt-want-rossi/

There were quite a few websites carrying the interview, I'm sure if you google it you'll find others. Contrary to what you'd like to think, I don't make crap up. I'd have thought with your 'connections' you'd have known all about this...

The analogy to Family Fortunes is quite apt seeing as how Rossi believes he's returniing to his family - that would be the marketing division then, not the race team...

By the way, I didn't ignore your request, I hadn't been back on that topic, so hadn't seen it.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Spin

and the real message of management; talking to his riders via the media, i.e. we expect you two to behave, okay?

Yep - sounds like typical modern day management, unable to tackle a problem head on..

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Hear fucking hear Bulto!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ok bulto

You win.thanks for the links on the wrong thread but to be honest I had already read them.
You stick to your theories and what you read because we know it's all true.Don't we?

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

lorenzo NO 1 rossi NO 2, thats how every one see's it even rossi i would imagine, well at least for a start

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices