Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha expecting less friction between Lorenzo and Rossi

Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo’s relationship will not be dominated by the friction and animosity that existed between the pair between 2008 and 2010. Rossi’s return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013 has inevitably sparked talk of a renewed bitter rivalry with former foe Lorenzo. In their previous three-year spell together they had numerous on and off track clashes and Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 December 2012 15:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Extreme Saturn ??

Yes ok, just a bit of tongue in cheek reference to old men - although the downward spiral was yours

Not convinced myself that mid 30s is any sort of handicap. Doohan didn't start winning regularly until he was nearly 30 and he was virtually Rossi's age when he won his last title. It's unlikely he would have been any less competitive over the next few years had the injury not stopped him. He'd have been winning them sooner had Honda not made such a mess of their early 90s GP racers.

Bautista, Bradl, Barbera etc are all much younger but I wouldn't put money on them beating Rossi if all were on equal machinery. Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner were a different matter and all things equal in terms of machinery I think they were just faster, nothing to do with age.

Rossi will be absolutley gagging to prove he still has it and if that doesn't result in some spectacular fireworks at some point within the Yamaha garage, I'll be truly disappointed...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto good response. I agree with you take on the three B's -  whichever favourites we have it's all about the racing at the end of the day and that's what we're all looking forward to.  Would like to see it a bit closer tho'.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

akaDan

Don't knock the discussions mate - it's what the forums are for. You dont have to agree with or like anything thats said - it's just banter - live with it or stay away from the forums

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Enjoy a good bitch

do you Dan about nothing in particular? The winter days getting to you? Can't you afford the heating?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

But Rossi doesn't believe Reverend

Listen to the man's own words. He's living on hope and a pray. Fat lot of good that'll do.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Mandy

''The obvious question is, why aren't the young riders in WSB kicking arse? ''

WSBK is an enigma in the racing world - failed MotoGP stars seem to be able to race at the sharp end and indeed win championships whereas rising young guns from WSBK have historically never made it in MotoGP.  Crutchlow is giving it his best shot but I can't realisticaly see him as MotoGP champion.   With  one or two exceptions all the current era MotoGP champions have come up through the ranks of 125 and 250's.  Your question is a good one I wonder if anyone has the answer ?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

''The obvious question is, why aren't the young riders in WSB kicking arse? ''

----------------------------------------------------------------

The rising youngs guns aren't in WSB. They live  in the GP paddock.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

IMO your career goes either of 2 ways wsb or gp dont think you always get the choice, right time right place that sort of thing, bradders was always going gp from his spanish 125 days, the lowes twins going the other route probably down to parents money i would think cheaper to race at home. Im sure if you reversed role's sam or alex would and could do bradley's job. So you come up from WSB but even has a wc you only get offered a satellite bike so your immediately up against it, few shit results on a 2nd rate bike and the confidence flags and before you know it your washed up! well according to the hero's on here, but the offers do dry up and you end up on a duke :)

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LIN

talk about that while his feet chatter so much. shit. he knows it'll be a blast next year between the two of them. lorenzo don't care to lost championship  AS LONG AS HE CAN PROVE HE CAN BEAT THE 9 TIMES LUCKY ASS CHICKEN CHAMPION. LOL.

trust me. he will.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rev...

"But after his clear relief at losing the title chase last year, the question is: 'Why does Pedrosa continue?'."

Interesting question but there's a fairly clear answer... he enjoys racing... the championship isn't racing, it's points... he was worried about the championship... that worry lifted so he could concentrate on racing again... & oh how he did it!... but you've hit on what is probably one of the reasons he's never won a championship despite so many race wins.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices