Skip to content

Discuss This MCE Insurance offering free modification cover General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCE Insurance offering free modification cover

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

MCE Insurance offering free modification cover

MCE Insurance is offering free modification cover on every MCE policy. No additional premium is required and the new policy covers an unlimited number of modifications. Frame modifications, turbo/super chargers and the mod itself cannot be covered. Julian Edwards, MCE Insurance Group Chief Executive said: “The brains at MCE spent 6 months conducting research and developing the modifications update. "They spoke at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 December 2012 15:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Are you listening Bennetts?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Mods

tank pad, hugger, heated grips?

MCE....been there, will never go back.

"They spoke at length to our customers"  that's as maybe, but you try phoning them once you have a policy, good luck!.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

There is...

No such thing as free.... not when money is involved.... Trust me. All that glitters.... A fool and his money.... Half price.... Free delivery.... BOGOF.... It's all a massive scam. and some of us Lap it up like Pigs at a trough. Ask your local Sofa Centre for a list of customers that bought at the "So Called" Normal price. Ask the Kitchen fitter if they actually fitted the Kitchen for free.... actually compare the weight of the so called bargain Buy.... Email the OFT and find out what they do about the utter lies that we are bombarded with day in day out... and whilst your at it ask how much they get paid... Bugger me this country is ermmmm Buggered.Rotten to the core... IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. (puts soap box away, opens a can, gets pissed.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Yeah, and remember MFI? Did you ever go there when there wasn't a sale on? And you buy one, you get one free? Bollocks, you're paying for all of them. And 4 years interest free payments? How much is that sofa worth if they can finance it with no interest for 4 years? You don't think they are made in this country, do you? Just bought a pair of shorty levers for my bike from Hong Kong on Ebay for £34, p&p included and they are as good as anything I've seen over here for over 4 times that much. Bargains do exist!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

And my breakfast cereal is 100% anthrax free

Marketeering: the art of turning the bleedin' obvious into a unique selling point.

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

It may well be marketeering, but the more publicity it gets the better.

Hopefully then, the other insurance companies will have no option but to follow suit.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Finally

'bout time some one offered this. Gets my vote and will get my business.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

petedj

"Gets my vote and will get my business"

Yeah, first and only time ;-)

Reply to this Topic
itdcmy

Jan 06

itdcmy says:

Mod cover?

Well done for raising the subject MCE, but the title says "Offering Free Modification Cover" but then says "and the mod itself cannot be covered." - So which is it?
Would my stainless nuts and bolts be covered? Or my stainless battery carrier? or how about my forks and front brakes which are off a different bike? If they don't cover the mods then they aren't providing a full insurance service, ie they aren't covering the bike as a whole.
Wouldn't that be counted as not properly insured in the eyes of the law? If that was the case, then this would surely be another case of mis-selling!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

yeh but hang on....

Had my bike knocked over a while back... what a farce it was, MCE are just a small part of the actual process and actually, they played a small part in the eventual outcome. It took @ 3 months.... Can't say I was impressed TBH.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle