Skip to content

Discuss This The Long Ride Home General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > The Long Ride Home

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

The Long Ride Home

In 2009 Nathan Millward set off from Sydney, Australia on an old Australian Post bike called Dot with the hope of one day reaching England. Over the following nine months he rode 23,000 miles, through 18 countries and at a cruising speed of less than 40 miles-per-hour. What separates this trip from most is that it was done with two days of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 December 2012 16:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

well done fella

I think there are time when we all want to do a ride on a simple easy to run / fix bike,, this is real biking, spot on fella.. Full respect,,,. lets face it modern Bikes are way too complicated to try to mend on the road side...

.... KISS,,,, Keep- It -Simple -Stupid....

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

Read

Bought two copies last year,excellent read,recommend it .......except to some of the people who post on this site who might find it interlectually challenging?

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

eh

why two,,,

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Eh

What no fancy GS1200? Support vehicles? Film Crew? Medic?  Emergency rations?  Satellite phone?  'Fixers'?  Translators?  GPS? 

Forget The Long Way Round and The Long Way Down.  This is The Long Way Up and it's the real deal.  Good on ya chappie!

Reply to this Topic
trumpet675

Mar 09

trumpet675 says:

Long ride home

Need more of these people about on this planet ,like a previous posting this guy done this with no back up ,fair play to him ,love t.o do something like this one day ,maybe when I paid the ex misses of and me new fat mortgage I had to take on when it all went tits up ,ho hum ,you never know might win the lotto and I'll be off like a racing snake!Happy new year to all keep smiling

Reply to this Topic
Goulash

Jun 11

Goulash says:

The real deal

Utmost respect for this guy, this is how to do it for real, no GS or similar, a real bike for a real rider. Top man!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices