Skip to content

Discuss This The rules: See and be seen General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > The rules: See and be seen

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

The rules: See and be seen

No one has to worry more about seeing high-speed objects than a fighter pilot. Closing speeds with other aircraft can be well over 1000mph. Any miscalculation, even for a fraction of a second, can be fatal. Group Captain John Sullivan is a Royal Air Force pilot with over 4000 hours’ flight experience, including in the 1991 Gulf War. Much of his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 10:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

@Snev

I think this a gentle reminder along the lines of my previous post?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Oh, I see...

I think....

Reply to this Topic
Valko

May 12

Valko says:

the best article for biking ever

Definately a lot of useful advice here, you should read it carefully and use it.

@luckyskua - you are the moron here because you cannot understand the article, the point is to see the danger and act, not to drive like moron and than blame others, the fact that a car cuts you off does not mean you cannot react beforehand, see junction slow down advice.

You scan, you expect and prepare for the worst scenario and you slow down - this the proper way of riding a bike, not moronic charge through junctions, because "I have a right of way".

And the sun position is important if you have not read lately the case for sun blinded T-junction driver - the blame was assigned to the biker because sun has made him invisible, he should have been riding sensibly e.g. taking care that the sun is low behind him. He does not and he died as result of that.

It is your life but you better listen people that have more brain than you or just let the natural selection do take course.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

@discopoo and snev, ta for clearing that up, I thought I was getting told off. I get easily confused these days, not helped by swallowing some scrabble tiles earlier. My next poo could spell disaster.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

billysollocks

actually it was reference to PIROFLIP's "off the cuff" remark which was deleted/censored a few days back, though Mr Paterson has yet to confirm this.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Dear snev et al, sorry, it appears that bafflement has arrived early for me.

Reply to this Topic
rcraven

Nov 08

rcraven says:

see and be seen.

billysollocks and snev  Why dont you two guys  get a bedroom and leave this forum for people who want to contribute something usefull and for the benifit of others.  You are just playing silly buggers and alienating yourselves .

Valco  I agree and i read with disbelief that a driver  got away with killing a motorcyclists because it was considered the motorcyclists fault for not taking into account that the sun was behind him. Hopefully it cant be used as a case stated otherwise we will all be held responsible for all such accidents.

I hope that goes to appeal and that the decision is changed.  If they want a financial contribution  I hope that they get the moneys for the appeal.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

well excuse the fuck out of me

mcraven. you seem to have an elevated opinion of your own importance on this Public and free Forum not to mention a complete lack of any type of humour, irony or sarcastic whit whatsoever. You are entitled to post on here just as the rest of us are whether you like it or not. Biking is and has been my passion for the last 35 years and hundreds and thousands  of  trouble free miles I have pretty much bought every copy of MCN since about 1978 and  will continue to do so if it's OK with you.  

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

and another thing...

:blink:what exactly is your problem with my posts on this particular subject eh ? Mr Retired PC (mc) Raven? ermmmmm.... Hello?:mad:

Reply to this Topic
rcraven

Nov 08

rcraven says:

you are excused.

No problem snev just airing an opinion which as you say anyone can have.

I do apoligise if i have offended anyone, it was not my intention of doing so,

I obviously got the wrong end of the stick and must have misread or misinterpreted some of the previous remarks.

Please accept my apologies  snev and billysollocks.

No offence intended i was mearly being humerous, sarcastic and whitty with my reference to getting a bedroom.

Well done for so many years and miles snev. you might catch up but i dont believe that you will exceed.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices