Skip to content

Discuss This BMF loses influence in Brussels after failing to pay FEMA membership General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > BMF loses influence in Brussels after failing to pay FEMA membership

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

BMF loses influence in Brussels after failing to pay FEMA membership

The British Motorcyclists Federation has less influence in Brussels after failing to pay its members’ levy to the group representing riders to European Parliament.   The BMF, which claims to be the UK’s largest motorcycle organisation, no longer has a vote on policies of the Federation of European Motorcyclists’ Associations after falling into arrears with payments.     FEMA is the central body...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 11:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
denisnewell

Dec 04

denisnewell says:

BMF/MAG

Been a member of both and find it saddening that MAG chooses to use the misfortune of the BMF to score points. Perhaps both would have more influence if they worked together instead of against each other. I'd rather support an organisation that offers a considered response rather than knee-jerk reactions like pointless rides that go to pi** of most of the driving public and turn then against us. I hope BMF is able to submit its sums owed soon and focus on representing riders rights.

Reply to this Topic
flowersofmanc

Dec 08

No point

The BMF should pay all their members fees back for this year. What is the point of them now?

Reply to this Topic
Mitch42

Dec 12

Mitch42 says:

@denisnewell

'I hope BMF is able to submit its sums owed soon and focus on representing riders rights.'

Regarding this comment… MAG tried not to use the misfortune of the BMF. It's a shame Chris Hodder acted like he was caught having an affair – the way he deflected the situation and turned it on MAG. 

Do a google search on 'british motorcyclists federation financial status' and look at the top answer. They don't need to publish their figures. They're already out there in the public domain. Now amount of misdirection will say anything less now. 

@flowersofmanc
I'm afraid they'd go under if they paid everyone back… 

@Darowyn
"An finally and most importantly, with all this income, how come nobody on here has ever heard as much as a whisper from FEMA until now?"

Most people don't realise FEMA exists until it's too late. The bullshit regarding the new licence regulations that come into force in the new year could have been stopped in 2006 if people hadn't had their heads in the sand. Some of us drew a line in that sand. We're the ones still fighting… 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Tim158

Mar 09

Tim158 says:

I did that Mitch, what am I supposed to be finding? The choice of organisation appears to be a very divisive topic amongst those making an effort to support motorcycling. This does seem wrong to me, I would think people who already hold a similar goal and aren't making money from membership would be more interested in working together. Personally, I picked the BMF as they appear to have a more measured and rational approach to these issues. Like people have said before, for £30 or so a year I felt it was worthwhile if it can make biking more pleasurable for me, or at least give me a basis to complin if it isn't! It's a shame that this has occurred, I now see the possibility that they will lose members and have an even tougher time of it. Or perhaps they will gain members such as those below who object to FEMA getting their money. It could be worthwhile for the BMF to consider their priorities for where their funds go.

Reply to this Topic
Tim158

Mar 09

Tim158 says:

Hey! What happened to my paragraphs?

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Stop pissing about

This is as good a time as any for those in both the BMF and MAG to stop the ego shit and get back to the business of doing what they do rather than try to piss on one anothers parades.

Possibly having a discussion between themselves as to what is the "Charter for British Motorcycling" the things that they will and won't except from the EU.

They can then decide that one another do business differently but have the same goal. When it comes to focussing their efforts they will have a the charter to guide them when they start to head butt one another again.

I wrote to MAG and BMF a year and a half ago about a motorcycling matter. MAG responded and followed up, I got nothing from the BMF, as a show of support I joined MAG.

If this disunion of both associations continues I will reconsider my involvement with MAG

Its not rocket scinece kids, get your ehads out of your arses and in the wind where they should be.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Tim158

You're using Google Chrome aren't you?

Reply to this Topic
JonWilmer

Jun 04

JonWilmer says:

Money where your mouth is

There seems to be a lot of "What have MAG ever done for me?" type of questions/comments on here. I wonder if the posters are members. I doubt it. I wonder what they have ever done to help protect motorcycling. Nothing I guess. Just imagine if everyone that rides a bike (and gets shafted hundreds of pounds a year for insurance) were to put their money where their mouth is and paid the £25 to join. They would be part of the biggest Riders Rights organisation this country has ever seen. That would be an organisation with huge influence in Westminster. Brussels too. Or you could continue to snipe from the sidelines. At least you will know who to blame when you can't ride what you want, when you want, how you want. Yourself. So ask not what MAG has done for you. Ask what you can do for MAG.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices