Skip to content

Discuss This Penalty points for dangerous riding in MotoGP from 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Penalty points for dangerous riding in MotoGP from 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Penalty points for dangerous riding in MotoGP from 2013

Dangerous and aggressive riding will be dealt with by a new penalty points system that will be introduced across all three classes in the MotoGP world championship from next season. Points will be awarded between one and 10 depending on the severity of the offence and if a rider accumulates 10 points then he is immediately banned for one race. Any rider...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 11:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
benCBR6

Jan 08

benCBR6 says:

Reactive rules

Fair enough, this is just reacting to of a very small amount of unfortunate incidents caused (IMHO) by split seconds of misjudgment or red mist. No one wants to see riders injured by dangerous riding. Though we've all seen what Marquez can do from the back of the grid!!!!!!... just saying.

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

HRC press release.

Insiders at HRC claim to have seen an imminent "press release"........Entitled " Marq Marquez, our revised position in light of imminent Moto Gp/ FIM rule changes"  Perhaps Scotty might get ride after all .........!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

correct there saturn

That of course is the way most people saw it but of course we have to remember although we can all be biased towards certain riders bulto only has eyes for one and he could do no wrong.
On the other hand when it comes to anything to do with Rossi and his team they can do no right.
Some people are biased and then we have bulto.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

Nothing wrong with a bit of creative accounting or lateral thinking...

But I honestly didn't see it as that bad, they touched but it wasn't a deliberate barge. I guess he apologised as he isn't a dirty racer. I wouldn't have complained if I was on the receiving end of it and believe me I've had much worse (and dished a bit out) in enduro racing - and if you get shoved off track in that you're into the trees at 60mph which isn't funny. There are times when the only way past is to push into a gap which is fair enough - deliberate barging off the track is another matter altogether

Buell - as usual you employ your creative eyesight and completely ignore my last paragraph stating that I didn't think much of Stoner's weave into Petuccini during practise. I love the way Stoner rides a bike and generally he's a clean racer and on slow down or warm up laps you can see he is always looking around to make sure he doesn't get in anyone's way. That doesn't make him infallible - they all have their moments.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Doesn't matter what rules they introduce if they don't actually apply them to MM then it won't make any differance. and what if they did, Honda & Repsol would just get on to the FIM and have it overturned anyway. Im afraid that this will only get delt with when the inevitable happens and MM ends up seriously injuring someone (although Willairot would argue he already has)

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

HUH

The one thing moto gp needs is more reason's not to bother participating.

This championship is in big trouble it needs to reduce cost and increase grids more rules won't make that happen, Sensible ideas how to swell grids are needed plus they need to stop Honda from making all the rules

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Honda what a bunch of fools they are is it any wonder why the last 800cc winner quit at the end of the 2012 season.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Yet more rules ??

This from Capirossi when talking about this year's tyres improving safety and then rider safety itself:

"We are [also] looking at a rider's protective gear: we don't want to see riders with overalls or helmets damaged by crashes."

So would a rider who has come off during a race be allowed to restart, assuming their bike was able, or would they be prevented by a new rule that safeguards against them riding with damaged helmets and leathers - the reasoning being that if they have crashed they must be damaged, as an immediate post-crash trackside inspection isn't really feasible...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Did Capi think 'safety' when he punted Harada into the gravel.........like fuck did he!!!!!!!!

The blokes a twat. And i'm guessing a well paid one at that who's trying to justify his salary/role.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Bet the organisers don't even remember that Harada getting punted in the gravel by that clown Capirossi.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices