Skip to content

Discuss This Penalty points for dangerous riding in MotoGP from 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Penalty points for dangerous riding in MotoGP from 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Penalty points for dangerous riding in MotoGP from 2013

Dangerous and aggressive riding will be dealt with by a new penalty points system that will be introduced across all three classes in the MotoGP world championship from next season. Points will be awarded between one and 10 depending on the severity of the offence and if a rider accumulates 10 points then he is immediately banned for one race. Any rider...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 11:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

tut tut nostro

Capirossi/Harada was absolutely blatant.Loris even admitted it later did he not, but I think you know bulto was referring to Rossi/Gibernau.
I still have my suspicions about you 2....

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

You're descending into paranoia...

You can take your pick from:

Capirossi/Harada

Rossi/Gibernau

Marquez/Luthi at Qatar this year when MM almost ran him off the track at the end of the straight, which was no accident / misjudgement, it was deliberate.

Rossi/Lorenzo at Motegi when Rossi veered across him under the bridge

Rossi actually took around 4 riders out on the first lap a few years ago, Edwards being one of them, Le Mans possibly, when he started from low on the grid and made a Banzai move that didn't work. There wouldn't be enough points for that under the new rules........

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

paranoid...

Nah just suspicious as I said.See you are havin another dig now.
Rossi is not renowned as a dangerous rider just incase you did not know.
Oh you forgot to say who you were referring to the first time by the way.I am intrigued to know!

Reply to this Topic
Rizlagixxer1000

Dec 12

@Velopete the riders know what potential lies ahead when they get on these bikes. These are 200mph machines not to mention how much they cost, they are not going to intentionally write the bike off or themselves. They are professionals and know what they are doing. Obviously its going to get abit physical at times i just thought thats all part of the package. After all it is competitive racing... And fox hunting? I don't watch racing to see people die! I watch it because its exciting (well its meant to be) but with this rule I feel it's going to make it less exciting. Think you should be watching bowls instead, less dangerous, i reckon that'll be right up your street.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Yeah..What next ?

Sterilize it, GP, that is. At one stage a backer could sit on the fence and slag off an opponent. Those days are apparently gone.

Scratch#1 in place by virtue of decree.

On the one hand the power's that be want to restore  the series by virtue of spectacle. On the other hand they want to punish anyone inadvertendly  contributing to the spectacle.

Someone saw this state of play coming and went fishing.

Afterthought,,,, Combined rider/bike mass post race... Next Croc  

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Bulto...

You could add Stoner barging Bautista out of the way at Mugello too, while he was trying to claw back places after running in to the gravel at turn 1. I assume these rules would also include Casey's tantrums involving De Puniet at Le Mans last season and Abraham at Mugello in testing. I think the Lorenzo/Rossi incident at Motegi in 2010 was a case of hard riding from both riders, Lorenzo dishing it out as good as Rossi did. If I'm honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this ruling. I'm all for dangerous riding being stamped out, but as long as it doesn't take anything away from the spectacle of the sport. Potentially it's a difficult one to judge too; what one man calls dangerous riding another man claims will add to the excitement. Simoncelli is a prime example.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

WSB

Hope they dont bring it into WSB half the field will be banned and the racing will be just as boring as MOTOGP

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Aide

I never saw that as a deliberate act of shoving someone out of the way. There was room and he was virtually level with Bautista who then turned further in, so they touched. No-one's fault I thought, although Stoner did apologise to Bautista afterwards.

The de Puniet incident was blown out of all proportion with what was a tap on the shoulder being described as anything from a punch to a shove. De Puniet could have caused a monumental crash dawdling on the racing line on the exit of a seriously fast corner.

One that was a contender for the new points system was Stoner's weave towards Petuccini (spelling??) in Mugello practise. Not dangerous, but regardless of the frustration he felt, it was unecessary and a couple of points would ensure that it didn't happen again.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Marquez points

Wonder why they brought that rule in this year? Hope he doesn't kill anyone I care about.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

''I never saw that as a deliberate act of shoving someone out of the way. There was room and he was virtually level with Bautista who then turned further in, so they touched. No-one's fault ''

A little bit of creative accounting there my friend - the way I saw it was after 3 failed attempts to pass his frustration got the better of him.   Otherwise why apologize.  Probably would have lost points for that under this new ruling.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices