Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Vittoriano Guareschi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Vittoriano Guareschi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Vittoriano Guareschi

2012 marked the end of an era when double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner hung up his leathers after finishing third in the Valencia race in November. The Australian– widely acclaimed as one of the fastest riders in history – quit at just 27 after becoming disillusioned at constant rule changes and fearful that his lifelong passion for motorcycling would be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 13:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Have I touched

a nerve hedgey? Your response isn't helping your case there matey!

bluto, you need to get your facts right my old fruit. stoner missed only 3 races due to his crash last year. Coupled with the fact that Pedrosa beat stoner by 78 points means that the points lost to injury by stoner are irrelevant. Lets also not forget that the injury to stoner was entirely self inflicted. As I said before, stoners a good rider, but he's overrated.

Also, shirley bassey is one of the worst singers in the world. Have you heard her warble her way through Goldfinger? It makes my fkn ears bleed!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Soup...

Nope... & yours falls short of offering any argument yet again...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Lets also not forget that the injury to stoner was entirely self inflicted. As I said before, stoners a good rider, but he's overrated."

As was Rossi's... he said so...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/June/jun1110-rossi-accepts-fault-for-crash/

... overrated?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

elementary logic

Constant repetition of a nonsensical argument when you are incapable of rebutting counter arguments makes your argument no less nonsensical, unfortunately for you supermario.

It was obviously no concern of pedrosa's that stoner crashed in 2012, just as with lorenzo and rossi in 2010, and credit to those riders for meeting the first requirement of gp bike racing and staying on the bikes and having their success in those years, particularly lorenzo since he won the championship. Their results for those years will always be in the record books, and the first assumption should be that they may well have triumphed anyway.

However, deciding that the relativity of 2 riders for all time can be judged by the points difference in an individual year severely affected by injury is nonsensical, and a counter argument you continue to refuse to address. By your argument lorenzo is vastly rossi's superior for all time because of the results of the 2010 season; I am aware there were people who argued along those lines at the time, although not many applied the argument to the entire careers of both riders, but they were also incorrect. If you really want to indulge in reductio ad absurdum, I guess kevin schwantz is a great deal better than wayne rainey, and alex criville is better than mick doohan to an even more massive extent. 

Stoner rode the indy race with a fractured ankle requiring surgery, returned earlier than some medical advice suggested he should, and rode the races after his return both affected by injury and with the threat of worse and more permanent damage if he had another accident, which could just possibly have affected his results in races other than the three he missed, certainly the indy race and the japanese and malaysian races anyway. 

Your grasp of basic arithmetic would also seem flimsy; if stoner wins the three races he missed pedrosa scores at least 10 points less in 2 of the races; of course he may not have had the mishap at aragon as well, and hence have won the championship, which is a further reason why playing hypotheticals about the significance of the points difference in that year alone is nonsensical.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

You're right Mario

bluto, you need to get your facts right my old fruit. stoner missed only 3 races due to his crash last year.

I forgot Stoner still rode at Indy with the injury

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

hedgey and dfan

I'm not offering or presenting an argument. I'm saying stoner is overrated. Thats it. If you have a problem with that, then its your problem. Maybe you should offer a reasonable argument as to why you think he deserves his "acclaim".

So far however all I've seen are silly comments and attacks on my opinion of a personal nature, and theories so naive and basic in conception they would make an 8 year old blush. All of this tends to suggest that while you dislike what I'm saying, deep down you know I'm right.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Soup...

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion... it's just every time you use evidence to back it up or justify it to yourself it backfires. If I came out with an outrageously stupid statement you'd be the first to point out its faults (as you did with Bulto). If you give it out you've gotta be man enough to take it.

"So far however all I've seen are silly comments and attacks on my opinion of a personal nature"

It was you that called me infantile with no further explanation wasn't it? You haven't actually responded to a single point I've made.

If you don't want to be ridiculed keep quiet or just say you hate Stoner & be done with it... we can't poke holes in that 'cos you clearly do.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

If...

If you came out with a stupid statement? hedgey you've done nothing BUT make stupid statements, thats why you're getting ignored and ridiculed for the most part. Go back now and look at the first comment you directed at me. It is infantile, as are several other comments.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

mario

''I'm not offering or presenting an argument. I'm saying stoner is overrated.''

------------------------------------------------------------

And there's me thinking Vales performance on the Duke (along with many others efforts) would FINALLY cement Stoners place amongst the best. But no, not in your world. I'd say, along with most of the journalistic world that Casey more than warrants his ''acclaim''. 

As a tool, you're underrated.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

All you've seen are silly comments Mario ??

ok, here are some of yours

The truth is that stoner acquired all of his success while using the super stiff Bridgestone front tyre. When that went, so did he. All this guff about losing the passion for the sport he loves etc is utter shite. Seems to me he's had no love for the sport for sometime, and nothing but contempt for the organisers and his fellow competitors.

The simple fact is that casey is retiring because he can't win without the stiff front, and he'd rather be seen as a quitter, then to continue being beaten by his pint size team mate

First sentence  -  He had several seasons on the stiffer construction tyre and one on the new softer construction tyre - so it would be difficult not to have had most of his success on the stiffer tyre. You omit of course that the control tyres of 2009/10 seemed to work better with the Jap bikes than the Ducati.

Second sentence  -  You read / heard his reasons for leaving, at no point did he give the cause as the front tyre, yet you state it was

Third sentence  -  Again you dispute what the man himself says without a shred of reasoning in your opinion

Fourth sentence  -  Contempt for his fellow competitors? Such as?

Last sentence  -  He was 4 - 1 up in wins against his team mate when he got injured. His reasons for retiring were quite plain, but again you conjure up your own.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

And it seems Lorenzo disagrees with you to Mario

Your opinion

I'm not offering or presenting an argument. I'm saying stoner is overrated

Lorenzo' opinion

Jorge Lorenzo has paid Casey Stoner a heartfelt compliment ahead of the Australian’s retirement from MotoGP at the end of the season, describing the Australian as the most talented motorcycle rider he has ever seen.

Wonder whose is based upon actual reasoning from personal experience and whose is formed from pure hate and no reasoning.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices