Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Vittoriano Guareschi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Vittoriano Guareschi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Vittoriano Guareschi

2012 marked the end of an era when double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner hung up his leathers after finishing third in the Valencia race in November. The Australian– widely acclaimed as one of the fastest riders in history – quit at just 27 after becoming disillusioned at constant rule changes and fearful that his lifelong passion for motorcycling would be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 13:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Soup..

..I also know you're a big Rossi fan, and with good reason, he's a giant of motorcycle racing and one I would never dispute. The issue with his fans though is summed up perfectly by your closing comment in your last post. Stoner lies 7th in the all time GP winners list, above the likes of Biaggi, Duke, Lawson, Spencer, Schwantz, Roberts, Sheene, the list goes on - legendary names of the sport that we can all relate to. He's 7th, and yet you call him overrated! I'm curious to know by what rationale you base this argument?..

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

mario

''....simple answer, infront of his team mate. VR may not have set the world alight on the Ducati,''

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossi couldn't light a fag with his performance!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

CHR

''He's 7th, and yet you call him overrated! I'm curious to know by what rationale you base this argument?..''

---------------------------------------------------

Mario has no rationale bud, just hatred toward Casey for beating his God during his time aboard a factory machine. Mario will find someone else to hate next season, the following season etc etc...........

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Interesting interpretation

A ton of whining and 2 championships before signing off with a defeat at the hands of your own team mate. Thats it!?

Are you deliberatley overlooking the fact that his season was wrecked with the injury? And that up to Indy Stoner had won 4 races, Pedrosa 1 and that although Pedrosa was ahead in the championship due to Stoner's DNF in Germany, there was still less than a race win in points between them?

Does that suggest to you that Pedrosa was comprehensively beating Stoner?

There are guys around him who have achieved more, but where's the fanfare for those guys? Where's the big song and dance?

Who are they and why?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

''There are guys around him who have achieved more, but where's the fanfare for those guys? Where's the big song and dance?''

---------------------------------------------------------------

Not in Caseys time.

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

vmax4steve

Right the main test track that Bridgestone use is Motegi and guess who owns that ! 

Bridgestone are a Japanes corporation now if you know Japanese history who they will favour i think thats enough on that one .

Now do some research and find the answers as to why Rossi left because it had naff all to with Gibernau Rossi had already messed his head up it's not that tricky either!

The biggest trouble with favouring a particular rider is you won't recodnise historical events as they happened instead you make up nonsense to try to convince others that you are correct when sadly you're way off the mark

Just to really mess you up i'm a massive Stoner fan but history is just that .

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

no.2 rider...no.2 support.

vitto's words leave it very clear that ducati was putting all there support and efforts into capirossi in 07. he says they made a good bike that year yet cappo only managed to place it 7th with all the support. i like ducati but they have always seemed like a bunch of short sighted boofheads to me. livio suppo was the only one there with a clear open mind and the only one besides stoners crew that knew what stoner was after only the first day he tested there 990 bike and took one look at the data. seems ducati ignored the data and stuck with there first mindset of rooting for cappo.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

So many ridiculous comments to choose from...

....from the simply deluded to the blatantly moronic, eh pc? But I think I'll pick this one.....

"Does that suggest to you that Pedrosa was comprehensively beating Stoner?"

Er, yes actually bluto. You see, it dosen't matter what's happened part way through the season. You can't draw conclusions based on a fraction of the season, and to do so would be silly, child-like and naive. Pedrosa beat stoner by enough points for his self inflicted crash to not matter. So yes bluto, I am deliberately overlooking that as its of no consequence.

You really can't stand that one can you? Pedrosa fairly and squarely handing stoner his arse last year. It dosen't sit well with this hysteria thats being whipped up around stoner by a few sentimental, moist eyed fantasists who think he's a "widely acclaimed" this and that. But he's not, and thats exactly how it will look in the history books because thats exactly what happened. Take the blinkers off boys.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

ridiculous comments

Rossi has been comprehensively beaten by pedrosa for the last 3 seasons. I guess all his success is also meaningless then.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Soup, the history books say..

..he's 7th on the most winning list. It would appear it's you that needs to remove the blindfold of self deception from your eyes and loosen the gag of self denial from your voice..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices