Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CASEY STONER RETIRES MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CASEY STONER RETIRES

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CASEY STONER RETIRES

When Casey Stoner won the Jerez and Estoril races to ignite the defence of his MotoGP crown, talk of his retirement was already filling plenty of column inches. The Aussie was at pains to deny the speculation was true, so when the media filed into the pre-event press conference ahead of the Le Mans race in France, only those in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 13:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Casey who????

Reply to this Topic
Tetley

Aug 02

Tetley says:

What's happening at MCN ?  This is yet another Matthew Birt article which is just a repeat of old news. There is not one aspect of this article that has not been thrashed to death before now.  From his privileged position as a MotoGP insider you'd think he could come up with something fresh and worth reading.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Stoner was constantly taking the Ducati beyond the limits of the "feel" that Rossi said the bike didn't have. That was how the bike had to be ridden in order to take the Bridgestone tyres up to temperature and when Bridgestone gave the same tyres to Rossi it got even harder and that's when the crashing started. Nothing to do with Rossi getting into his head, that's a fantasy only believed by fanboys who believe that Rossi is the only difference no matter what bike he was riding.

I firmly believe that if Bridgestone had gotten right behind Stoner rather than jumping on the Rossi cashcow bandwagon they, Ducati and Stoner would have ruled Motogp until the time that Michelin caught up, which they would have done eventually. What records Stoner could have set in this period will be forever unknown.

Every rider wins titles because they have an advantage of some kind, Stoner was no different, but he had the talent to take a poorly handling bike to a world title on Bridgestone tyres where Rossi could only chug around mid pack on the same. Speaks for itself really.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

R6..

..you know, the Casey who handed Rossi his arse for the past 2 seasons. You remember him..

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

God never seen so much bitterness on here towards one rider who is no longer around hold your feckin heads in shame Rossi fans.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ha ha tetley

You are dead right but it gets the muppets arguing amonst each other going over the same things time an time again.
MCN must be real wind up merchants...ha ha ha.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

CHRainmaker says

R6..

..you know, the Casey who handed Rossi his arse for the past 2 seasons. You remember him..

Awww, comments like that don't bother me. I'm not part of the Rossi brigade, sorry.

Casey who??

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

only 1 thing to say really

rossi and stoner had some epic battles with rossi on the yam and stoner on the duke........with stoner on the honda and rossi on the duke......rossi was in danger of being lapped half the time......speaks for itself......a talent way beyond rossi`s has left and that`s a shame for people for who see what it takes to do what stoner does on 2 wheels

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

R6.

Ask your mother.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I am not a Stoner fan, but he is the reason that i will not have to take friday afternoons of from work anymore. Why? Watching that Aussie setting up his bike, by wringing it's neck in 3 laps? Man, that was great! So thank you nr27! I will now leave Moto Gp free practice for what it is and save some of my vacation hours for those Damn Brittish bank holidays to watch Shakey ride the Zx10 R. Casey is a leggend, i might consider watching Aussie V8 racing if he tries that. Wasnt Bayliss gonna try that? And why did he not get round to that? Lots of Aussies around on this site, whats up with Troy?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices