Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CASEY STONER RETIRES MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CASEY STONER RETIRES

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CASEY STONER RETIRES

When Casey Stoner won the Jerez and Estoril races to ignite the defence of his MotoGP crown, talk of his retirement was already filling plenty of column inches. The Aussie was at pains to deny the speculation was true, so when the media filed into the pre-event press conference ahead of the Le Mans race in France, only those in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 13:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Claw you pleb..

..what about Catalunya 2007, or Laguna 2011 or Silverstone in the rain? Stoner has shown exceptional race craft when the situation has demanded it. As Nostro has pointed out, he has been competitive in what has arguably been the most competitive era of modern motorcycle racing. Name me more than 3 or 4 times Rossi has shown his race craft in the past 5 or 6 seasons...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Eddl and P.C

When did I say the Duke was uncompetitive? As both yourself and Pacey rightly state it was competitive in Stoner's hands; just not as much so as the Yamaha. Again, as Stoner himself said of the 800 M1 following Rossi's abysmal failure on the Duke 'Just how good was that Yamaha?'

Why do people use their interpretation of my words rather than my actual words against me?

And there were no 'new' bikes on the grid 2011. Just mature evolutionary 800 machines.

O.K Pacey you share CC's opinion. But I need more than that. Please back up as to why you feel this is the case. If there's a valid counter argument to what I've written, then make it!

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

i wasn't having a pop nostro, just pointing out to no one in particular than stoner won more gp's in the 800's then any one else therefore that make's the duke very very competitive

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

The true measure of Stoners greatness can only be measured by the highly accurate 'yellow brigade hatred meter'......

...and this boy went off the scale.....

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

nostro

O.K Pacey you share CC's opinion. But I need more than that. Please back up as to why you feel this is the case. If there's a valid counter argument to what I've written, then make it!

------------------------------------------------------------

I've no problem with what you've written bud, just who its been directed toward. I share 'most' of CC's views. On the most part he's made a valid judgement imo. He kinda fucked up regarding Casey 'should've gone with more titles under his belt', but that aside i agree with 'most' of what he's written. Unfortunately the many will rarely appreciate what the few bring to the table. Their loss.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Vtwinmark

Witty, elegant and oh so true. Well said sir!

Pacey. Do you not want to answer the question? I'll state it very directly this time. Why do you feel Stoner lacked racecraft? For an opinion to carry any validity there needs to be supporting fact. What have you got?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So Eddl

Does that also make the 2011 and 2012 D16's competitive? Or did the machine instantly become an intractable 'shitpig' (about the only time I'll ever quote that moron milky) in Valencia 2010 testing?

Reply to this Topic
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

good luck

the kids a winner, put him in the company of gazza, higgins, maradona, armstrong, flintoff, all winners

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Nostro,

Lay off the Egg Nogg buddy the last thing this site needs is another drunken bore.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Ducati's Hall of Shame?

Pacey, I didn't think you were one of the crowd that finds it impossible to seperate panto and a new helmet every other weekend from motorcycle racing... or are we just hedging a few bets on Caramellos influence on the outcome next year? Hahaha.

Oh yeah, I liked this one too...

"but for his talent he should have done far better".

I sometimes wonder if people who make these statements actually watch the races or just tune in for the end of year results with no concept of the reason real enthusiasts watch the sport? No wonder their missus is blowing the milkman or on her '10th purchase free!' shopping spree at the local dong shop!

I know many will find it hard to believe I'm not a fan of Flo's but I'd concede acknowledgement for anyone who put in an effort and showed some humulity now and then even if they came fkn last, that's why I have nothing (good) to say about his last two seasons.

23 nil, the score says it all really and less wins on an unlimited budget factory bike from Florence than a midget on a less refined version and a wildcard on a Saturday night special. Crapirossi, Bayliss and Stoner... their photos are probably just a little easier to find in the Bologna foyer 'hall of fame' than that 'goat' fellah! Not really rocket science is it?

Merry fkn Christmas from Bob, now pass the Bundy!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices