Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CASEY STONER RETIRES MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CASEY STONER RETIRES

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CASEY STONER RETIRES

When Casey Stoner won the Jerez and Estoril races to ignite the defence of his MotoGP crown, talk of his retirement was already filling plenty of column inches. The Aussie was at pains to deny the speculation was true, so when the media filed into the pre-event press conference ahead of the Le Mans race in France, only those in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 13:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

i was being....

ironic

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

On the switch to CF from the steel trellis frame. "Of course it was better, because otherwise we'd have stuck with the trellis frame."

He begged for the CF bike and of course it was better?

Well how come his results got worse?

He won 16 races in two years on the bendy old trellis bike and managed a total of 7 victories during the subsequent two seasons on a bike that was obviously better? How can this be?

How about tyres - when they developed and tested the CF GP09 it wasn't with the control tyres that were then introduced for the 2009 season. So did the 09 control tyres make an already difficult to set up bike even more difficult? Probably. Same with 2010 tyres as the bikes didn't change much?

The bike could still be "better" but just as finicky to set up as the old one

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Carmello must lap up

Within a short few days 2013 will dawn in spite of the Mayan Calender and sundry crap spewed across the globe.

Merry Christmas Wosi. As of New Years Day,Casey is gone within MGP circles. Rossi sure did beat him 10:1 in terms of pay cheque. In terms of 2006 through 2012,results,the opposite is a cast in stone fact.

Most stark is the 23/0 Ducati book.

Crikey it is hot down South.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

God bless bootlicker..

You know what they say Pal..?

"If you can't hack it..pack it."

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

YZRM1

Chug around mid pack on the Ducati, is that easier for you to understand.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

You know what they say Pal..?

"If you can't hack it..pack it."
---------------------------------------------------------

Vale heard you and Vale listened. Are you his mentor?

Reply to this Topic
stolkien

Aug 04

stolkien says:

stoner

the guy that was 46sec ahead of rossi in every race

Reply to this Topic
Gibbo47

Dec 12

Gibbo47 says:

Great racer but no miss

Stoner is undoubtedly a great racer. But I will not miss him one bit. He made it very hard work to watch him off track. I could admire his talent on track and marvel at his ability but listening to him talk was like having teeth pulled! He was either all sickening toothy smiles when things went well or endless moans and groans when the whole world was against him. Enjoy your retirement mate but at least I won't have to endure your tiresome droning.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner droning on

He has retired, and if he is happy to have done so then so are most of his fans, including me.

Just for my academic interest, what did he complain about without justification? He would have to be in the record books for making the least complaints about the 800 ducati for a start. 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Gibbo

''He was either all sickening toothy smiles when things went well or endless moans and groans when the whole world was against him.''

--------------------------------------------------

Aren't we all bud.......... to some degree? For sure Casey wound me up at times too and i'd cringe at times with the odd rant he made but i'll take that all day long to watch the man doing what he done best.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices