Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CRUTCHLOW ON PODIUM MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CRUTCHLOW ON PODIUM

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – CRUTCHLOW ON PODIUM

A British rider on a MotoGP podium had become almost as rare as the sight of Halley’s Comet. A podium drought that stretched back to the British Grand Prix in 2000 was finally ended though when Cal Crutchlow stormed to a brilliant third place in Brno. He told MCN after his career breakthrough result in the Czech Republic: “It is humbling to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 13:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

Its a shame becuase i like cal , he has a great personality.

Just wish he could stay on the bike more.

suzuki 2014 im guessing :D , the 2011 bike seemed quite good so if the used hat as their base......, cal could be a real challenger in 2014

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I wouldn't call Cal crash prone. If you want to run top three on a satelite bike in motogp then you have to ride on the ragged edge, every corner, every lap.

Yeah Cal to Suzuki in 2014 would make perfect sense.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

this guy

is funny and seems a good guy. not insulting another rider behind while talking opposite lie in front. but this guy really made me laught since he talk about the invoice coming for his brake. and revealed that dovi buy it with his own money so dovi has advantage over him. good luck for him. he need more than skill to win WC. the package.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Fast

One thing about Cal is that he's an amazing time-trialler. He resounding beat Dovi in qualifying and many other factory bikes. When in clear air during the races he was often amongst the very fastest.

There are two things he now needs to add to his armory to become a winner: race-craft and staying on the bike. Cal is a poor starter, and not the world's best over-taker. He also falls off too much. These will come in time, you can make a naturally fast guy more reliable, but it's damn hard to make a plodder fast. Say what you like, Cal is bloody fast. He also needs to learn to be agressive at the start and when overtaking. Just copy Marquez! :D

The bad news for Cal is that this year he will need to beat all 4 factory Yams and Hondas, a task made easier last year by Ben Spies' baffling lack of pace.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Cal

Cut the crashes and you're 'the best of the rest'. Easier said than done i know,  but way too many unforced errors this season. Should've had Dovi in your pocket this season but.........................

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Sorry folks i think cal may have peaked last year

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

whoops this year i mean

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

checking out till the New Year

so may I say to all my  allies and adversaries with whom I've - discussed,-  bantered, and crossed swords with during the last yearr  - A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR.  ALL THE VERY BEST ......... .....SATURN

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Saturn

Ditto bud :)

Reply to this Topic
assen03

Dec 08

assen03 says:

Boy done good!

Top year Cal, let's do one better this year!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices