Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – BEN SPIES AND ROTTEN LUCK MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – BEN SPIES AND ROTTEN LUCK

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – BEN SPIES AND ROTTEN LUCK

You wouldn’t want to be sitting next to Ben Spies on a plane after the shocking bad luck that struck the Texan in 2012. The switch to fire-breathing 1000cc prototypes was supposed to be the catalyst for Spies to penetrate the elite echelons of MotoGP, which had become the exclusive territory of (Jorge) Lorenzo, (Dani) Pedrosa and (Casey) Stoner. Spies though could...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 14:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Conspiracy...?

Maybe this was Yamaha's way of extracting Spies from the team without having to shoulder any of the subsequent fall out - possibly because they knew of Rossi's intentions earlier than has been stated? Crazy? - not if you think the moon landings were faked or Elvis is still alive and living in a small hamlet in Wiltshire!..

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Come to think someone had it in for him at Yamaha I am disappointed things turned out to be bad for Mr Spies at Yamaha but I will still be a supporter of the factory and good luck to him on the devilish Ducati next year.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

it happened

now he needs to get over his injury spell and try and ruide the most powerfull bike on the grid, hard times ahead i feel. all the best to mr spies.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Half a story

Sure Spies had a fair amount of bad luck last Year, but there's no mention of the equally high number of times he just threw it away all by himself. Good luck to the guy for next year, but personally i don't think it will amount to much and Dovi will run rings around him again.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

No one can beat Cal

at throw away.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

The Iceman Cometh...

Agree with Rainmaker.  Am sure there's more than meets the eye here (no, I'm not suggesting he rides an autobot).  Bad luck is random, swingarms collapsing are not.  Nor a blown engine in the first few laps.  Spies is a talent, but Mary wasn't helping his political case.  Still, wish him well for next year.  Now the pressure is off, I think he'll surprise a few people on that red bull... Including Benny's boy D.

Reply to this Topic
VisorViews

Dec 12

VisorViews says:

‘Annus horribilis’

'It was a year in which a top-ten race finish would come to be regarded as being a good result - one to be welcomed with relief as much as anything else.' ..... http://visorviews.com/2012/12/18/annus-horribilis/

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

No one can beat Milky..

..for being a cock.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Beggars belief

Either Ben Spies is the greatest fraud that ever graced an M1  factory seat or M1 factory are the the biggest frauds within the game.

Nevermind. M1 have Rossi. No doubt he will elevate Yamaha to a level way above what Spies and Lorenzo did  for the outfit. As I light up a cigarette,I look forward to Sepang test #1. First was Lucky Strike Plain. Then it was Camel Filter,recently dubbed Camel Classic.

Anyway,I'm with Ben.

A blind man could hear he was screwed for the dollar 2012.

Similararily,Stoner was booted out as being Rossi's Yamaha team mate for 2006 at the bebehest of  ?

Fill me in Sunshine ! Sunshine being Wosi and congregation.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Steak & kidley pukka..

The problem with Spies this year, a bit like Stoner, is that he lost the plot.

Old wosi knows he's a better rider than his season showed but at this level against talented competition, nothing is a given.

Bens pies was on a very good bike and didn't deliver. Now he's on a shite bike and it will be more difficult.

He is loyal to his Ma but I don't think it's doing him any favours having her in the paddock, giving it the large one when he underperforms.

If he can grow a set and be top Ducati next year, there may be hope yet for the massively over-hyped Yank. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle