Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – BEN SPIES AND ROTTEN LUCK MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – BEN SPIES AND ROTTEN LUCK

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – BEN SPIES AND ROTTEN LUCK

You wouldn’t want to be sitting next to Ben Spies on a plane after the shocking bad luck that struck the Texan in 2012. The switch to fire-breathing 1000cc prototypes was supposed to be the catalyst for Spies to penetrate the elite echelons of MotoGP, which had become the exclusive territory of (Jorge) Lorenzo, (Dani) Pedrosa and (Casey) Stoner. Spies though could...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 14:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Bootlegger

Spies had the chance in the last two years to live up to his hype and totally blew it. As Wosi has just pointed out, he lost the plot. IMO he believed his own press , hype ,whatever you want to call it. There was four M1's out there last year, but only one of them was shite every round

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Steak & kidley pukka 2..

..fella goes into the butchers..

"Could I have a pound of steak & kidley please..I'm baking a pie."

"Sorry?"..says the butcher.

"Could I have a pound of steak & kidley please..I'm baking a pie." repeats the fella.

Scratching his head, the butcher replies.."Don't you mean a pound of steak & kidney?"

"That's what I said diddle I?"..retorted the fella.

:lol::lol::lol: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Hear Hear

No way to argue with you confident men. Spies M1 failure, indeed. Given the unreliable and fragile POS he had to run with 2012,he did alright in terms of 'operation save ass'. My,my...How #46 and #11 have enjoyed reciprocal highs and lows viz a viz Yamaha. POS, as posted as a piece of shit circa Milkybars ranting about Ducati.

So,where does that leave us ? According to the knowledgeable Wosi and sundry experts,the only good bikie out there is RC213V. Given there took, here's one take.

35 days and counting to Sepang 1.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

booty

The Yamaha and the honda are streets ahead of the Ducati, If your gonna make your mark its gonna be on one of them. Spies is a talented boy, but so is everyone else out there. Hes had his chance on one of the best bikes out there and sadly failed. I feel for Spies in some respects . because he was far too over hyped. Piss poor this year though ,and in last chance saloon. Another year like last year, and its back to AMA

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Spies came in with a good record in his prime....and Vale has lost it all, is too ol and his 15 years of constant luck and favoritism has run out.And he's taking over that unlucky M1 Yamaha that tends to fall to bits.

So if Rossi manages to finishes any higher than 10th at the end of the year he's done a better job than Spies and should be pleased with himself.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The unluckiest rider in MotoGP history been watching bike racing since 1999 and never have I seen a rider have so much bad luck it makes it look worse when it happens in front of your home crowd.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

no such thing as luck in this game.  everything has an explainable reason.  the bike let Spies down a couple of times in 2012, but the main reason for a season of failure, in this case, is the rider.

A belated Merry Christmas elbowz.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

No such thing as luck in this game well it wasn't on Spies side.

1 A rear chunked tyre.

2 Swingarm snapping because of the rider.

3 Engine blow up because of the rider

4 Overheating brakes even the Yamaha guys he wouldn't finish the race.

5 Overheating clutch

6 Getting sent out with a cracked seat

A belated Happy New Year CosherB.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

an admission ....

at last, Spies finally admits that he didn't fully get to grips with the 2012 M1.  good luck for this year mate.... :blink:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104975

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices