Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – DUCATI DISASTER MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – DUCATI DISASTER

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – DUCATI DISASTER

It’s the Valencia MotoGP test in November, 2010 and the wave of optimism sweeping through Ducati’s factory garage is so powerful it could almost knock you off your feet. Valentino Rossi has arrived to prove the bike was no one-hit wonder in the hands of Casey Stoner and help restore Ducati as a potent threat to the Japanese domination of MotoGP. Two...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 14:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

who is this casey stoner you speak off ? please point him out to me on the grid next year ..................

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

The rebuild will be a slow process

I don't think so. Its already been fast tracked by signing  riders with a point to prove. The one that left had nothing to prove at Ducati in the first place. Two Italians and two Americans on the same kit is a great starting point. Suppo has got it about right in his assessment re Preziosi. As with Hayden,Preziosi should have been left at the helm for 2013 at least. He's in the best position to undo the damage done 2011/12.

On the other hand,past history suggests HRC are pretty handy when it comes to zeroing in on potential sidelined due to whatever,be it politics,funding or personality clashes.

They poached Yamaha's electronic guru's some time back, followed by securing Suppo once it became apparent there was no room at the inn for him within a Rossi/Ducati venture. Suppo then got Stoner,Gabarini and crew over to HRC. That move brought an end to the drought and Dani was also the better for it. Likewise Dovi. Dovi has always been a great rider,but Stoner's arrival spurred further effort out of him which he carried across to Tech 3 with a vengeance.

Preziosi can contribute enormously to HRC. The D16 since day one was his brainchild. His bike won in its inaugural year with Capirossi at Catalunya. Gobmeier can no doubt with Audi finance smooth production and roll out of mods timeously.

The 2007 dream team was Preziosi's bike,Stoner's skill,Gabarini's efficiency and Suppo's management skill. HRC now have Gabarini,Marquez and Suppo. I don't see any reason why they won't poach Preziosi.

Desmo Honda's next ? One of the reasons the GPC have fought tooth and claw to restrict rev limit is because the Desmo system as proven in 2007 is not dependent on it, hence stifle it with fuel limitation. Next time a pneumatic valve actuated bike is offered for public consumption will be the first time.

Then there is the black magic. The rubber. In 2007,Bridgestone,courtesy of Ducati won the title,whilst Michelin filled slots 2 and 3 with HRC and Yamaha respectively. Give me a break.  Given the final standings, Michelin were at least on par with Bridgestone. Bridgestone were better at the fyaway rounds and Michelin owned European rounds,but thats another argument not subject of the current topic.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Buelligan

If ignorance is bliss then you must be the happiest man alive? And if you are what you eat then I reckon you must've eaten something particularly stupid, just saying...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Eddl

who is this casey stoner you speak off ? please point him out to me on the grid next year

I take it you've realised your mistakes now that you've resorted to childish behaviour

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

IM ONLY 12 FFS

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

It is very hard (well for me) to get my point across without seeming like semi illiterate numpty,.... i dont know how much of the 06 duke became the 07, but i do now stoner had most nearly 50% of his duke wins that year 10, so it's fair to say he gelled with that years bike and less with the other years as the honda/yam caught up........ Or was it the pressure put upon him by having to ride harder to keep up ? In a race situation he seemed to less able to handle the pressure,................. I am and always be a fan of the pure speed casy had and would pay to watch him go round on his own, BUT he has underachieved for a man of such obvious talent.......

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Or perhaps Eddl the far more likely scenario

Stoner's planets simply aligned 2007. He was never a fan of the steel lattice framed bike. He's on record as saying no two ever felt the same and requested Ducati to fast track the CF bike he tested 2008, which Corse never managed.

Competitive Stoner may have been but that's to some degree in spite of the bike. It's a fine line between pleasure and pain as the Divinyls sung. In 2007 Stoner managed, through good management and fortune, to walk that line of 'nearly crashes that weren't' whilst others found their planets somewhat out of whack for a variety of reasons. The Dukes have always been ballpark close to the Japanese but the D16 has never been a machine you'd call the best out there. You cannot get a better reference point than should have been 2006 WC Capirossi. What Stoner did 2007 had him as flummoxed as all his other teammates have been.

Your point of under achieving when four years were spent on the third best bike, in the company he held, and winning more races than the lot of them just doesn't wash. Do you not understand cause, effect and consequence?

Did Stoner really disappoint you with his record, or are you just taken cheap shots without basis? I thought you better than that.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

sorry nostro i am disappointed in him as the most pure talent since spencer, he was/is capable of more titles

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

eddl

my my children, stopped up to late did we? in one breath you say stoner won more races than anyone else in the 800 era, then you say his bike is bag of shit!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read what was written, not what you think you see. Prick.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

eddl

the days of being able to wni on 2nd rate machinery are gone......now it doesn`t matter how good u are uness u are on a factory yamaha or honda u are not going to win the championship end of......ducati can change what they like,they are not going to win anything period...in hindsight casey should have left ducati in 2008,i feel if that had happened and he had stepped on a yam or honda he would be triple or quadruple world champion....now that`s not that`s not guaranteed but there would have been a good chance of that happening......but to win once on that ducati after seeing what happened when vale slung a leg over it was remarkable,but to win 23 times........fukin amazing.....don`t care if he never won a championship stoner is and was the fastest most exciting rider to watch since schwantz.......as a top wsb rider said...`rossi and stoner on the same bike....stoner would smoke him`

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices