Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – DUCATI DISASTER MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – DUCATI DISASTER

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS – DUCATI DISASTER

It’s the Valencia MotoGP test in November, 2010 and the wave of optimism sweeping through Ducati’s factory garage is so powerful it could almost knock you off your feet. Valentino Rossi has arrived to prove the bike was no one-hit wonder in the hands of Casey Stoner and help restore Ducati as a potent threat to the Japanese domination of MotoGP. Two...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 14:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

eddl

So 2007 was the only year he gelled and 'was lucky'!? Casey won more races and had more podiums in his time aboard a factory bike than any other rider. All this in more than decent company and 4yrs aboard what many consider to be a second rate motorcycle. What more should he have done ffs?  

Legend.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

pacey

casey was the only one to truly get to grips with the duke apart from caprossi on the early models. If he was as good as you think he should have more WC should he not? the reason he won on the duke and no one else did was not his ability, more like the fact he was the only one who could ride it, he was ass whupped this year by little danny start to end, To say the duke was 2nd rate is bollocks as we all know you cant win as many as he did on a 2nd rate bike can you?. stoner was no faster than lorenzo/pedro/ and got beat by old man rossi 08/09 so the history books say

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

eddl

stoner was no faster than lorenzo/pedro/ and got beat by old man rossi 08/09 so the history books say

--------------------------------------------------------------

Stoner won more races in his time aboard factory machinery than any of the above so the history books say. Give me race wins any day of the week wether i'm remembered or not.

For you to argue the Duke is'nt 2nd rate is bollox bud. It's not the shitpig that many make it out to be, but in this company, it is '2nd rate'. 

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

eddl

wtf are u on about???......the duke is not a second rate bike?.......if that`s the case why is vale not on the verge of being lapped in certain races?......because it`s a competitive bike?.....so it`s not riding ability that over comes short falls with bikes that aren`t up to the mark in the handling stakes?......why is it that casey hammered all his team mates then?......why weren`t they sat next to each other 100ths of seconds apart in qualifying on the grid like the yamaha and honda`s.......sorry your talking absolute no brain shite

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

From the mouths of idiots

the reason he won on the duke and no one else did was not his ability, more like the fact he was the only one who could ride it,

Outstanding.

The latter had nothing to do with the former I suppose...

Are you pissed Eddl, or just an idiot

Or the sum of the two...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

My..you've got a big one..

Of the 4 aliens, or only 3 if you leave out Rossi over Pedrosa..haha..I don't think you'd get much of an argument as to who, over a one lap dash on his day, was the fastest.

The problem for dewey-eyed Stoner fans is..It don't work like that.

There's a lot more to it and mentally, Stoner came up a little bit short.

You can forgive him for taking the Ducati backwards for 4 years, then claiming it was still a great bike because he won a couple of races at the end of the year when it didn't matter.

You can forget about winter testing and 3 lap runs as WC, then blaming the lack of preparation on a paltry weight increase and tyres that everyone else dealt with.

But it will forever be to your chagrin, that Casey Stoner got beaten by little Dani Pedrosa on the same bike.

It shoots it all the mutual fanboy cock rubbing to shit. 

You saw what happened this year..being behind and not having things go as easy as anticipated, brought the same old collywobbles to the fore again for Stoner. He cracked under pressure.

After such a dominant debut season for HRC last year, just like at Ducati, how else do you explain it?

Such a shame.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

WRONG MCN!!

wrong MCN.! the headline should be: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012 motogp moments ducati disaster!!!!

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

my my children, stopped up to late did we? in one breath you say stoner won more races than anyone else in the 800 era, then you say his bike is bag of shit! fuck me he must be a god! I gather that some people dont follow any other form of bike sport ? gino rea for instance, kenan sofuoglu examples of people who can gell with one bike but not another. the 2007 duke fitted stoner like a glove and WAS the best bike on the grid that year.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

simple simon

do you think rossi is still riding stoner's bike?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Eddl

the 2007 duke fitted stoner like a glove and WAS the best bike on the grid that year

I think there's a chap called Loris Capirossi who may disagree with you

do you think rossi is still riding stoner's bike?

Do you?  He couldn't ride the bike Stoner got off and he still couldn't ride his own developed version 2 years later - what's your point?

What has 2007 got to do with this - the article is about 2011 / 12.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle