Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Andy Dawson MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Andy Dawson

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Andy Dawson

In the second part of MCN’s exclusive series of Stoner memories, Ohlins suspension technician Andy Dawson, who worked with the Australian throughout his MotoGP career at Ducati and Honda, recalls his epic victory over Valentino Rossi and Dani Pedrosa at Catalunya in 2007 as one of the outstanding memories. “In Barcelona in 2007 we were in a bit of a mess...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 14:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Bultoboy

Everyone's thinks he will be as fast as Stoner and I think that too, except I think the races will be more exciting to watch with him, that's all I'm saying. 

I'm not saying that MotoGP will suddenly become as competitive as Moto2 because Marquez is in the field. I'm saying that instead of having 3 guys follow eachother around for 25 laps we might actually have a bit of entertainment up front. Marquez might not be fast enough early on in the season but he can make up for that with his aggression.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Revnut...

"Everyone's thinks he will be as fast as Stoner and I think that too"

Who? He has yet to make the transformation & at the moment he's on the same learning curve as Smith with approximately the same performance on the MotoGP bike. There is hope that he will be & lot's of Spanish money on him being a success but that means shit when the lights go out.

As I said earlier, if he's riding aggresively like he did in Moto2 he'll be battling for 5th... the guys at the front are there because they get past & disappear. The slower guys may try to hold them up for a few laps with aggression but ultimately, as we've seen for the last few years, it doesn't work very often.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Hedgehog5

What do you mean who? Almost everyone expects Marquez to be battling up the front, even the big Honda bosses, so that's who. He may be on the same learning curve as Bradley Smith, but he's way along the curve already. You don't see Yamaha expecting Smith to be up the front like Honda do with Marquez. By the way, I'm not a huge Marquez fan, but it's clear that he has an obviously talent, and unless I'm proved otherwise then I believe Smith isn't as naturally fast.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

ghost rider!!

MM may one day be as fast as stoner , but from the tests so far he is over .6 a second off stoners time from last year , and stoner had chatter when he posted those times and not the new model of late last season that MM is riding now. the only difference this year is that the second yamaha will most probably add an extra bike to the front runners and there be 4 instead of 3 should MM keep the honda where stoner had it , not a lot of change really .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices