Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Chris Richardson MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Chris Richardson

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Chris Richardson

In the third part of MCN’s exclusive series of Stoner memories, Stoner’s former LCR mechanic Chris Richardson recalls his first encounter with the supremely talented Aussie. “My first year with Lucio (Cecchinello) was in 2002 and they just said this Australian guy was going to be doing his first year in Grand Prix with the team. But I’d not really heard of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

I'm only mean on here

People like Wosi & Supermario have devalued this site steadily over the last couple of years so I thought why not just drop to their level whilst on here? I really don't care, MCN don't want to properly moderate their forum so why should I? There are other places to discuss bikes and racing intelligently but I won't tell you where or who I am there because I don't want any/many people from here to join in. So I just come here periodically to remind myself of the myopic idiocy, throw out a bit of undiluted abuse for my own entertainment and save the good bits for elsewhere.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Eddl / Wosi

you know chris..... you know chris richardson ? you know chris he's always being quoted and interviewed, ring any bells yet? nah me neither ;)

So what if you've never heard of him - he worked as part of a crew that prepared Stoner's bike. Does it devalue his opinion because he's not a 'public name'.

Out of interest, how many of Rossi's crew can you name, or Lorenzo's, or Pedrosa's.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

''Chris Richardson?..you ever heard of him?

Me neither.''

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nor have i bud but i'm glad to get an insight, just as i am with all the stats/facts that you and many others post here that frankly i wouldn't have a clue of where to look to find them.

(Have you bought me those plasters yet?)

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

man

i remember watching casey at donninton through the esses and into the loop. and boy that kid made the hairs on my back stand. that was his first year in the premier class on the lcr honda. i new then he was a class act, its a shame it all got to him , well rossi and his backward ways and his backward uncle eps. i;m gonna miss his ride it like u stole it riding style. never mind mm might come up trumps.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

blinker fans in both corners

Stoner was a awesome rider there's no doubt about that, but to claim he was the most complete rider ever is nonsense . He didn't to win manage a title in 125 or 250 and a success rate of 2 titles in 7 years in the top class is hardly stuff of legends . Brilliant bike control and one of the fastest over one lap every quite probably. Flawed genius must like Steve Hislop to my mind.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

you can reel out any number of grease monkeys and get em to spout shit bout there respective riders, i heard one say john kocinski was normal once!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

CCB

Where the fuck does 'blinkered' refer to Stoners achievements bud?

No-one bettered his WC total and no-one came close to equalling his wins/podiums while he was aboard a factory bike!!!! He was the most 'complete rider' during his time, much of that spent aboard the 'not quite as it could've been Duke'...........but i guess you know that but choose to forget eh ;)

'Lower class wins'.........................explain that to Eddie, Rainey, Schwantz, Mick! All legends. 

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

since joining moto gp in 2008 lorenzo 23 wins, stoner 28 with 2 more years under his belt on the duke, that aint stoner being the best by far at all.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Pacey

It the same shit different day, Stoner couldnt win on a 125 or a 250 ,Rossi could, and Pedrosa, does that make them better then him??? Rossi won 7 titles to Stoners 2, does that make him better than him??? No in both directions, Rossi was alot more consistent, thats all. IMO when Casey was happy he racked up the wins, but face facts the win ratio your quoting adds up to TWO seasons of dominance spend over a long period.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Enigma

George has been brilliant throughout his career. Two titles at the top level against Pedrosa,Stoner and Rossi is worth a lot. 23 wins and many more to come,no doubt. Stoner did his initial 23 wins on the much maligned Ducati and that is the issue at hand that fuels the fire on the forum. George turned down a 14 million offer  from Ducati when Casey  was ill. Obviously taken on good advice from his management team. Eddl. Using 2006 as a yardstick for Casey vs George's entry 2008 is stupid. Factory Yamaha vs LCR Honda on 2nd tier Michelin rubber. Apples and oranges. Ask Bradl and Cechinello.

What the hell,Stoner may not have racked up the titles,but,like Freddie Spencer,the bloke retires as an ace within the annals of GP racing.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices