Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Chris Richardson MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Chris Richardson

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Chris Richardson

In the third part of MCN’s exclusive series of Stoner memories, Stoner’s former LCR mechanic Chris Richardson recalls his first encounter with the supremely talented Aussie. “My first year with Lucio (Cecchinello) was in 2002 and they just said this Australian guy was going to be doing his first year in Grand Prix with the team. But I’d not really heard of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Carcleanerboy.....

To compare Rossi's 125/250 career, riding the finest machines that Aprilia could build, machinery that the rest of the grid could only dream about, with Stoners mostly non factory customer spec machinery.......

Hardly fair is it?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Vtwin

No maybe it isnt, but nor is spouting win ratios to boost Stoner as being a better rider than others who have achieved more titles than him. The bulk of Stoners win ratio was achieved in two seasons of dominance. Fair play to Casey he rode like a genius those years. But he couldnt over come the odds in the other years could he? If you look at what im posting it says one of the fastest of all time when happy? no doubt, consistent enough to be classed as a great? IMO no. If he was he should have beaten Rossi in 2010 but he couldnt. THEN the pro Stoner fans try to argue the ")10 Ducati Stoner got off was a good bike and its Rossi thats crap. blinkered fan boy crap.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

BOOTLEGGER

Is that the same crappy lcr that he put on pole in his 2nd race on it?

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Just out of interest

When Valentino Rossi fails to win the title this year what will the excuse be? Will Casey Stoner get the blame?

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

WOW

To all the Stoner fans he only won two titles but is by far and away one of the most talented riders to swing a leg over a bike.

To all the rossi fans we don't yet know whether he can still win a title but even if he doesn't he's still one of the most talented riders to swing a leg over a bike.

To all the Lorenzo fans he may have only won two tiyles but is still one of the most talented riders to swing a leg over a bike

To all the P oh thats it have i said they're all mega talented and thats all you need to know watch them and rave about your fave rider but for everyones sake stop giving it large to what are the most talented riders to swin oh b******ks i'm doing it again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Carcleanerboy.....

I'm sick and tired of the dodgy stats, hand picked to suit an equally dodgy arguement (thanks Wosi....).  The only fair comparison is the previous 6 seasons with both on factory machinery. Stoner has consistently been the fastest over this period.

Even in Stoners quieter periods, he could still produce pole positions, fastest laps and race wins (even on your mentioned '10 machine).

What could Rossi produce in his quieter periods?.......The silence is deafening..........

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Well said Mark

I doubt it'll cut the mustard on here though as it's far too intelligent a comment.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

CCB

Are you Wosi in disguise? I used to think you were a pretty cool guy but your morphing into Wosi is making me wonder...

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I'll always remember how quick Casey was the moment he jumped on the Honda after riding the Ducati. As soon as you saw him in testing you knew he was going to romp it.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Baa..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool