Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Livio Suppo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Livio Suppo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Livio Suppo

In the fourth part of MCN’s exclusive series of Stoner memories, Livio Suppo, who signed Stoner for Ducati at the end of 2006 and then worked with him at HRC, shares his thoughts. “I think his Phillip Island win in 2011 was unforgettable because it was a situation you can only dream of.  "Very few people in the world can experience something...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 15:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

tripi

funny how the best bike on the grid bollox comes out!!!!......stoner was on the best bike on the grid with the duke until rossi threw a leg over it...then over night it was a dog!!!!.....honda best bike on the grid????....how many races were honda winning a season before casey turned up???.......i`ll tell ya less than five.....yamaha won most races....not honda,the yamaha is the best bike on the grid and has been all the way through the 800/1000 era

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

You overlook the fact

that each season bike development moves on .... and currently  Honda have the best bike on the grid - ask Lorenzo. You talk as if the bikes are still the same year on year - theyr'e not.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Hmmm

It was never in doubt that HRC were going to sort out whatever had stopped them winning for so long eventually and it looks more like Livio Suppo was pivotal in that by sorting the rider issue that had hampered them pretty much since Rossi left. One thing that neither party can deny is that the only people who have done anything on Hondas since Mick Doohan left are Rossi and Stoner and then Nicky Hayden however you take his title, he still had to be in it to win it. Others have had flashes of inspiration and perhaps Dani Pedrosa is now finally with the program. It might turn out that everybody's favourite guru Alberto Puig found some magic and worked it on Dani boy after being able to see what was going on in the garage next door. I reckon 2013 will be about team mates more than anything.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

A fair and balanced view

Mandy ...  thanks for that.   I think 2013 will be more about team rivals tho'.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Yep

I think rivals is a more accurate description. There is plenty of scope for low flying toys in both teams and for disharmony. I think that Marquez and Rossi are oddly equal in their potential capacity to cause fireworks and sparks to fly.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

BEAT BY DIRTY POLITIC

i will only remember casey as a beaten rider by dirty politics that launch by other gay rider. maybe casey refused to be touch his ass by that rider so that so call 9 times ass lucky WC hate him so much. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

No man is bigger than the sport

so says Trippy. The problem with Buddhism ascetics living in caves and mountain tops is they've no idea what happens in the real world. Trippy do you not know your Rossi ra-ra cheerleader in chief - MotoMatters.com's great fawnicator David Emmett - a couple of years ago stated in no uncertain terms that "Rossi is bigger than the sport'. Along with his other completely farcical assertion that Rossi WOULD win TITLES if back on a Honda. Ha, ha, ha,ha.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Serial losing..

If lil' Dan Pedrosa can get within a gnat's cock of winning on one, as under achieving Alien #4

..and if Dovi can wrap up 3rd..

It's not such a leap of faith to imagine Rossi being pretty handy on the bike..like he was before Dani got made up to HRC #1 because of nationality/sponsorship links.

Dani ever beat Rossi in a duel?..Nah.

Such a silly detail to ban yourself from MM and fall out with DE for Nostro..you know he talks sense.

You're claims Rossi is washed up and has been lucky are about to be put under the microscope..A wise man might look to tone his shit down and avoid being backed into a corner.

Are you gonna ban yourself from MCN and register at crash if Rossi beats Pedrosa?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Personalities, personalities

Which brings me to another of Trippies little quibbles Stoner's personality which is akin to that of a sick puppy dog with a thorn in it's foot.

A rather odd comment, and one far more fitting as a description of Rossi's last two years in GP's one would of thought.

Stoner was a winner right throughout his factory GP career. He's a forthright and aggressive young man as many in the GP world are. Sure he has some abrasive characteristics (he is Aussie after all!), but he's also fair, intelligent, ever smiling, has a great turn of phrase, and fulfills his media responsibilities with good grace. As so many have said before, the little yellow bleaters only started disparging him because he beat their sun god - over and over again.

Now contrast Stoner with the most narcissistic, manipulative, silver spooned, control freakery rider in the history of the sport - Rossi, and his rabid one eyed supporters who themselves in general have all the personality and intellectual integrity of a dessicated haddock. Stoner comes out as the only one smelling of roses. Rossi and coy have little more than the stench of decaying material.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rossi beat Pedrosa. ha,ha.

Oh Wosi, you are so stuck in 2008.

Ban myself? By which you mean I finally decided to walk away from the great fawnicators sycophantic Rossi love babble, then yes - I chose to 'ban' myself. DE's site, he can do as he wishes, but his pretension of operating under some degree of impartially was a bit rich, and seen through by far more than just me.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices