Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Livio Suppo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Livio Suppo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Livio Suppo

In the fourth part of MCN’s exclusive series of Stoner memories, Livio Suppo, who signed Stoner for Ducati at the end of 2006 and then worked with him at HRC, shares his thoughts. “I think his Phillip Island win in 2011 was unforgettable because it was a situation you can only dream of.  "Very few people in the world can experience something...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 15:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Oh dear...

Well if you think that was "Cryptic" then i wouldn't let those neurons go idle as I think you really could do with them sonny... Here's an idea though... Maybe you could use them towards actually getting a job rather than spending all day every day on here you lazy idle bastard....

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Why do I need another job?

The one I have is fine thanks, £12 an hour and I have total access to do whatever I want pretty much whenever I want to do it? Not sure why I'd want to change that to be honest.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Subjective comment

Stoner's widespread unpopularity is not so much to do with his riding ability (which undoubtedly is exceptional) but more to do with his lack of personality which is akin to that of a sick puppy dog with a thorn in it's foot.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

£12 per hour

Wow Mandy - what does it feel like to be less than averag ?

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Average what?

Not sure I understand the question sorry.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Average salary

Mandy, your post read as if it was something special, it isn't.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

The thrill of it all

Livio must have enjoyed the past several years of MGP 2007 through 2012. A marketing man's dream. Insite into rider options and team. Allegiance to naught but the business in hand of team and GP success.

Twice he opted for Stoner and twice he was right.  No doubt he was influential with HRC after Stoner decided to go and scuppered any possibility of Rossi returning to HRC,along with Nakamoto. Correct call Livio. Afterall,one of the conditions of Rossi's initial Ducati signing was that Suppo be gone. Oh yes,this is not widely documented but generally accepted. Tardozzi's exit, although not involved directly with GP Corse was another condition after he(Tardozzi),

had the temerity to rate Stoner above Rossi by a country mile.Another Ducati casualty was Gabarini. Latest casualty is Preziosi, the engineer that saw off Kawasaki and Suzuki.

HRC are sucking the ex Ducati input up and enjoying it. I don't believe there exists any clause within the ambit of the existing rules that preclude Casey from testing HRC'S kit any day of the week in the far east and down South.

Afterall,2012 contracts have expired and 2013 kicks off in about a months time.

The pair of them have a great understanding. Always did. Much respect to Suppo.

And,yes,as hinted by Casey, Marc Marquez is a great replacement. 

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Yes Bootleg

BUT Casey let him and HRC down big-time didn't he ?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Tripi

Average salary

Mandy, your post read as if it was something special, it isn't.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read it as a man who was more than happy with his lot.

Very few can say that in my experience.

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

NOSTRODUMASS

Sorry mate i owe you an apology because i thought you showed some intelligence and Rossi had or one of his fans had wronged you.

Alas it just turns out that you just wear a Stoners tinted glasses emphasis on the asses get real man THEY'RE ALL AWESOME

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices