Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Livio Suppo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Livio Suppo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Livio Suppo

In the fourth part of MCN’s exclusive series of Stoner memories, Livio Suppo, who signed Stoner for Ducati at the end of 2006 and then worked with him at HRC, shares his thoughts. “I think his Phillip Island win in 2011 was unforgettable because it was a situation you can only dream of.  "Very few people in the world can experience something...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 15:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Trip.

"Honda have the best bike on the grid - ask Lorenzo" - you mean current world champion Lorenzo, the man who won on the M1? It would appear you have reached Zen Trippy.Zen is not easy. It takes effort to attain nothingness.And then what do you have?...Bugger all.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

See Pacey

Theyr'e all coming out shouting as I predicted. Some people are easity manipulated!

CHR ... Honda won 12 of last years 18 races ... Pedrosa 7 .... Lorenzo 6 .... Stoner 5  ...take Stoner out of the equation and poorly rated (by some) Pedrosa still won more races.  Honda dominated wouldn,t you say ? Best bike on the grid ...ils ne sont pas?

NOSTRO .... sorry mate but personalities DO count ... I've never denied Casey's talent which was undoubtedly exceptional but if you don't endear yourself to the masses then you won't be accepted by them.  If Casey had done that and had been accepted then in all probability he would be held in much higher esteem

The puppy analogy was flippant but a sick puppy whines whinges and runs away to hide ..... ring any bells ?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Trippy you couldn't predict the colour of your own backside

Once more your puppy analogy fits Rossi like a glove.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Trip, your understanding of French leaves a lot to be desired..

..but we'll overlook that - experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. Pedrosa won a single race more than Lorenzo, but came 2nd to Lorenzo on 5 other occasions. Comprenez-vous?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Tripi

I've never denied Casey's talent which was undoubtedly exceptional but if you don't endear yourself to the masses then you won't be accepted by them. If Casey had done that and had been accepted then in all probability he would be held in much higher esteem

Endearing yourself to "the masses" and being accepted by them has no bearing on how good a racer you are

Neither does how much "esteem" you are held in

If you enjoy riding bikes, racing bikes, watching bikes racing, or have an avid interest in motorsport in general, both 2 and 4 wheeled, then it was enough to just watch the way he rode the bike - a rare talent.

Pulling funny faces to the camera and staging self congratulatory pantomime stunts after you've won I can happily iive without. On track is what I'm interested in.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Trip...

"Honda won 12 of last years 18 races ... Pedrosa 7 .... Lorenzo 6 .... Stoner 5  ...take Stoner out of the equation and poorly rated (by some) Pedrosa still won more races."

JL has beat Pedrosa comfortably for the last 4 years. Take away Stoner & Yamaha would have 5 titles back-to-back... dominant indeed.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

JL has beat Pedrosa comfortably for the last 4 years. Take away Stoner & Yamaha would have 5 titles back-to-back... dominant indeed.

Says more about the riders than the bikes perhaps.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Mr K...

... or rider & bike, which ultimately is what counts. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Tripi, as I suspected..

..you're just a phoney..

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

stoner.....

must have had a big impact on pedrosa.....until stoner turned up pedrosa was guaranteed to fold as soon as someone showed him a wheel,but not in 2012....i was gobsmacked by this and stoner must be the reason.pedrosa must have looked at his data etc and stepped up to he plate...hats off to hm cos his game upped dramatically in 2012....2013,uuummm lets hope for some real action....which i doubt we will get

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices