Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Jerry Burgess MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Jerry Burgess

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Jerry Burgess

In the fifth part of MCN’s exclusive series of Stoner memories, Valentino Rossi’s legendary crew chief Jerry Burgess gives his thoughts on his no-nonsense compatriot. “I think we all know Casey is special and enormously gifted on a motorcycle, When I think of Casey I still think of that young and fearless guy crashing that 250 that went on forever in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 15:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

bikemad

You're right bud, not 'everyone'. For sure the majority would and fairplay to Vale for making so many so happy over the years. A magnificent achievement in any form of sport/life.

As for Jerry, a 'nice' interview. I guess a small mention re-Casey and the Duke was probably expecting too much.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Well,well

Crikey,Jerry ! Are you so fixated with the bloke 46 that you are prepared to endure another year of embarrasement with him. I see even the Rossi stalwart bloggers are hoping Dani wins 2013. That says a lot more about Casey and George than anything else possibly can.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Casey changed everything

Get over it

Reply to this Topic
Oldengrey

Sep 09

Oldengrey says:

Mind Games

Not just a riders domain. Crew chiefs, mechanics, caterers and even the brolly girls. Followed 2 trucks up the E5 out of Jerez. Repsol and Tech3, side by side, niether would yield. Its all about winning. People do or say whatever it takes to be the best.

Casey has a head of granite but also the talent to back it up. JB tried for years and failed to mess with his head. Casey would certainly have gone on to be the greatest of them all. If he his not already.  The Ducati has definately f**ked Burgess's head up after only 2 seasons. Imagine how Stoner felt.  But I'd bet JB would give his left arm to work with Stoner given the chance.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Moto GP

Its a shame Camel-toe or what ever his name is does not listen, the series is for the best 1% of riders who can tame a beast of a bike like a 500 stroker, its moving towards superbike spec bikes bought down the road. Yep the economy is shagged but make them 1200cc with turbo for me!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

agreed benny

being exposed is not a great thing in public.....but it shows burgess and rossi have been the luckiest pair of fuckers in motorsport history.....cos when the going got tough,they folded like a cheap pack of cards

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

keep them coming

the stoner memories that is. its a nice change to read all the thoughts of the ones who know stoner better than the fans. gives you that warm fuzzy feelin of reality for a change , then i can get to the comments for my dose of fantasy .

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Bargearse has worked with some successful riders no doubt, but he knows he shat in his own nest by not taking the opportunity to work with the best when he supported Flos call to veto that young Aussie back in 06/07. The enigmatic Stoner is always gonna be the chance he didn't take and he'll be regretting it for the rest of his life and that is plain for all to see when you look at his comments over the last couple of years. It's like a moth to a flame for someone like him to want to work with the best but he chose a path that has really fucked up his average.

He's not a fuckin' engineer despite that term being handed out in the UK like frangers at one of Mario's bummer parties, just another bloke who mythed his way into an overextended stay in the GP paddock... reminds me of a certain eyetie cocksucker.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

locked door

there was no way in hell stoner would of dropped gabarini for burgess , stoner was loyal to his crew , and his crew knew what he needed. the closest burgess would have got to stoner was his face up at the door squinting through the peep hole.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Accio bell-enders..

Nostril..I typed in 'Cock' and you appeared.

I take my hat off ripper50..that's some powerful Pied Piper, Voodo trick.

You've got 'em all out now.

"Stoner memories..give you that warm fuzzy feelin.."

Dearey me? (shakes head)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle