Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Colin Edwards MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Colin Edwards

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Colin Edwards

In the final part of MCN’s exclusive series of Stoner memories Colin Edwards recalls a side to the Aussie few seldom see in the immediate aftermath of the tragic accident in Sepang last year that claimed the life of rising Italian star Marco Simoncelli. “Casey came to the medical centre to see how I was and that meant a lot. Him...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 15:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

He already sort of did... the "he wasn’t man enough" interview... not quite the view most have (including his crew chief) & a bit sour grapes considering Rossi's comparative performance during their time racing together, but probably a true reflection of how he regards him... though more of an insight into Rossi's mind than Casey's memory.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2012/December/dec1312-rossi-and-stoner-clash-again-over-laguna/

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Absoulute legend.

Colin one only one word sums him up legend he provides great entertainment.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fishbate

Oct 12

fishbate says:

Twats

So many of you have fecal matter where there should be a brain. Because they are on TV and in the "spotlight" it's your right to criticize their riding ability, even though you know that you couldn't ride any motorbike a 10th of how fast either of these guys can, right? A large portion of the people commenting on here must be mentally challenged. MCN, do you folks run a social support program where you encourage people with special needs to comment on your excellently written articles?

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

reality

So pleased to read a story such as this. It is all to easy to forget that there is a human being behind the public figures so many criticise, attack and ridicule.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Edwards after retirement?

I like Edwards, not only is he obviously a nice guy and good entertainment but he is also a very good rider. If the FTR Kawasaki project works out well I think he could be up with the ART's of de Puniet and Aleix Espargaro. He obviously is enjoying his riding so there's no reason why he can't carry on riding for another 2 or 3 years in Grand Prix, but if he does retire, I really hope he does set-up his home team helping young American riders come into Grand Prix and be competitive, like the new Honda Asia Team Tady squad that will be in Moto2 this season.

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

my favorite

One of the Casey memories only because you just forget that these Superstar racers are normal guys as well .

Still sorry to know that Casey won't be sliding around next year but memories from people like Colin mean more than someone just blowing smoke up the guys arse !

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Colin tells the best.....

poop jokes in the paddock. Truly an ornament to the sport.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Colin obviously has no problem remembering moments from recent years.........remembering his last win might proof more taxing.....

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

It was worth

watching Colin just for "that pick-up" (Jerez?)....guy's a legend...end of. Remember that when he was VR's wingman he was also Moto GP's main tyre man...pity he fell off at Assen...he might just have kicked-off from there.

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

As for all the negative shit

about Casey...typical of sad ENGLISH supposed sports fans, always got the hump about any Aussie who produces the goods. The treatment handed to Stoner  by supposed 'bike racing fans at Donnington said more about their knowledge (or lack of) of bike racing,than the supposed "surliness" of what will prove to be one of best of all time. When I pay out my hard-earned, I want to see the best fighting the best...Casey will leave a huge hole in Moto GP.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle