Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner memories: Colin Edwards MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner memories: Colin Edwards

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner memories: Colin Edwards

In the final part of MCN’s exclusive series of Stoner memories Colin Edwards recalls a side to the Aussie few seldom see in the immediate aftermath of the tragic accident in Sepang last year that claimed the life of rising Italian star Marco Simoncelli. “Casey came to the medical centre to see how I was and that meant a lot. Him...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 15:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

crawsure

I remember being at Donnington Gp during qualifying(it was pissing down)..and being absolutely blown away by Stoners fearless speed and ability down the craner curves,in 35 years of watching bike racing I`d never seen any thing like it...what sickened me to the core was the thousands of British meatheads booing the guy, the saddest and most pathetic thing I`ve ever witnessed at a race meeting..Good luck with what ever you do Mr Stoner,we'll miss ya!!!PS,eddy998 ,maybe if Edwards calls it a day you could put yourself in the frame for a top ride..seeing as you like getting dressed up as a cupcake....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Yeah Brit Bike fans.....

are the biggest jerks in world sport.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Bigger jerks than the Spanish?..........being surrounded by a load of 'Milkybars' type characters, shouting their jibberish at each other.....throwing bloody sunflower husks everywhere.......unable to queue for anything, believing that he who shouts loudest gets served first......Hmmmmm, a tricky one.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

vtwinmark

Passion,mexican waves,fireworks,chaos,mayhem...thats what I want when I go to a GP...I suppose you miss the glory days of Donnington when they could barely pull in 25 000 and the place barely had the atmosphere of a club race(you could hear a pin drop most of the time)..don`t start me off about Silverstone,that is one place I'll never visit again,still no queues though....... 

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Parkway

...usually find mexican waves start when the crowd start getting a little bored with proceedings.....Fireworks, well, bangers really...noisy and smoke a lot...bit like the Spanish, and chaos and mayhem? you describe trying to get out afterwards perfectly......

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

vtwinmark

in that case Silverstone is perfect for you ,you won`t have to queue anywhere...I wonder why..?  me? I'm off to Mugello next year to rub shoulders with 100.000 mad partisan Italian fans,and if there`s a little queue when I leave fuck it...who gives shit...finally if you`ve ever been to Catalunya or Jerez,the only mexican waves are part of the build up to the race...couldn't do it at Donnington as they used to give us a pile of mud to sit on, can`t do it at Silverstone as the stands are empty...

Reply to this Topic
MachIII

Nov 12

MachIII says:

well said parkway

:ph43r: Silverstone is a rip off, charging top money for poor facilities and preying on the naive British bikers that know no better. Compared to Monza the place is a dump, which is reflected in the spectator levels.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Moaner has gone to the great nappy changing place in Aus, can we please just get over him for the love of all that is holy!!!

As for Silverstone or any other track, I'll sit here watching it on the box, I've more than had enough of standing next to smelly bikers, eating over priced stale, awful food waiting for over a minute for the racers to come past again!!

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Looking back through my posts...

...who the hell said Silverstone was any good? We're not discuusing venue's here are we?

And blue200....anywhere you watch in the world, you still have to wait for them to come round again....

Reply to this Topic
ambushed61

Nov 10

ambushed61 says:

Entertainment.

I always like to see a bike coming out of the corner with the rear wheel sliding around and the front wheel just about to start pawing at the air on the exit , My memories of stoner on the duke .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices