Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS - VALENTINO ROSSI BACK TO YAMAHA MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS - VALENTINO ROSSI BACK TO YAMAHA

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS - VALENTINO ROSSI BACK TO YAMAHA

You’d have got better odds on Valentino Rossi coming round to your house for Christmas dinner than you would have got on the Italian completing a shock return to Yamaha in 2013. Had Casey Stoner not fallen out of love with racing and retired and had Ben Spies not surrendered one of the most coveted seats on the grid at Yamaha,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

My Predictions for 2013

Valentino........Will win several races

Lorenzo.......will win a couple of races before going into a massive pout somewhere around mid- season

Pedrosa......will be competitive ....in the top 5 at all races

Marquez ......will spend more time in the kitty litter than winning.

Crutchlow.....will again be getting podiums maybe a win

Dovi..... will take to beating the Ducati with a big stick (scene's reminisant of Basil Fawlty)

Hayden.....will continue to ride around the circuits laughing at Dovi

Smith.......will do ok for his first year....a learning curve ahead i fancy

All in all, order will be restored, with the top few fighting each other at every race, all we need now in Carmelo to back off with the stupid rules he wants to impose and we should return to normal.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Hmmm

" had Ben Spies not surrendered one of the most coveted seats on the grid at Yamaha", I would question whether Bens Pies "surrendered" his seat at all, I think it was more a case of YRT's marketing dept influencing him getting the flick to make way for Valentino Rossi. Looking back it all seems quite obvious now, Spies' shock announcement prior to Laguna Seca appears to have been a case of " well, fluck you too" to Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
SkinnyDave

Jun 12

SkinnyDave says:

Hmm

I am a Rossi fan but I see this as best opportunity for Pedrosa to win title. All the media attention and fans will be looking forward to the potential fireworks if Rossi can get back up there, Pedrosa just needs to start next season like he finished the 2nd half of last season and not worry about Yamaha circus. Last time it was Rossi V Lorenzo the M1 was almost unbeatable and Honda was nowhere, different story now Can't wait for this season to start

Reply to this Topic
mchale2020

Apr 12

mchale2020 says:

Tuning Forks

I think the main advantage the M1 has had over the Honda is stability and confidence the front end has. Despite Honda being able to make more power than Yamaha by reliably raising the rev-limiter this season, it still could not edge out the Yamaha entirely. Lorenzo was able to take advantage of this quality and hang onto the championship despite how fearsome Dani and HRC was looking half way through the season and was poised to win out over Jorge. Dani also suffered some bad luck at the worst possible times throughout the season, but I digress. Despite what we've seen from Rossi the past two years, I still think he has the capacity to be competitive because he will be riding a bike that potentially suits his taste for racing. What we saw from VR at Ducati was him riding a bike that was polar opposite in nature to the M1 as it demands a great deal of trust with its rewards sight unseen. Rossi and the Duck turned inwards because of this relationship even as he used different frames and engine mapping configurations to help with his lapse of confidence. I think the biggest challenge Rossi faces is being able to push the M1's front end to its absolute cornering limits like he was able to at Yamaha before his departure. I think Yamaha is counting on VR to do it because once Marquez takes on a professional form at HRC, I would say the Repsol team is ever more becoming the Gran Prix dreadnought is and always has been.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

VR back to Yamaha

Like the prodigal son with his tail between his legs. Brave my arse, pure desperation as he hopes somehow to restore his shattered reputation. “Thank you's to my Uncle 'Rossi will be on a competitive bike next year' Carmelo and to Yamaha's PR department who actually wanted me unlike Jarvis and the race team.” says VR.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Honest

........"First I have to understand if I can be competitive and be fast. I have no idea if I can be at the front, take some podiums or even some front rows.

Rossi is more honest than his fan boys

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

shock return!!!

your having a giraffe aint ya, cant wiat for pre season to see other yams faster than him, proving the wrong ride has been given because of status and money not deserving.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

'Nostro' nails it for me.

Looking forward to '2013 MOTO-GP MOMENTS'!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Shock return ?

Any fool and his dog knows this was contrived in the interests of the bigger picture, even if it it ends up with Rossi losing his head.. The show must go on. I'm no Rossi afficianado,but I'll give him a tip.

Get the hell out while you still can mate. Your uncle don't love you,he's just using you. You will end up  dead or just as boring an entity as he is.

Really ! Honest George is not going to cut you any slack, as you never cut him any from day one. Jarvis is Jarvis,dovetailed pocket.

Dovi earned the factory M1 seat for 2013 and you know it.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Shock return my ass wonder what will happen when things go pear shaped in that Yamaha garage looking forward to it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices