Skip to content

Ask an Expert 650 Bandit Winter Care? Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > 650 Bandit Winter Care?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

DanAtBristol

Nov 12

DanAtBristol says:

650 Bandit Winter Care?

Basically I've bought a '05 Bandit and for the past week have been commuting to work on it, which has unfortunately meant early starts (6am) and thus cold times for my poor engine, which I've generally let warm up for 3-5mins before making a move. It's covered, but is locked in a car park and therefore I can't do much besides putting a cover over it... Is there anything else I can do?

Also, is there anything special about riding in Winter (ie should certain things get coated in whatever product to help reduce damage from the gritted roads?).

Cheers!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 17:10)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Winter care

A liberal dose of ACF50 will help - although keep it well away from your brakes.  There are companies that will prepare your bike and coat it using an atomiser for the most efferctive coverage.

http://www.allyearbiker.co.uk/

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

winter care

Back in the 70`s i used to brush a layer of thick grease over the frame (welded joints more so) and chrome,also both sides of the chain,lubed the chain twice a week and after riding through rain.The bikes looked awful and unkept until i gunked them.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
DanAtBristol

Nov 12

DanAtBristol says:

Thanks

for the info, I'm going to give that place a go Marcus, for £60 it sounds like it's well worth the money and there's a place 18miles from me, so it's not exactly a long trip.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices