You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > RTF copper sealant

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

RTF copper sealant

Anyone used this as need to seal up a port on my zzr due to the headers being distorted in transit..

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 December 2012 09:29)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

sealant

Never heard of this,only RTV silicone,anyway are you using new ring gaskets ? 

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

sealant

jaffa, had a complete nightmare, yep used two sets of o ring gaskets, seems no 3 header is slightly out of alignment, as its stainless it wont even give a few milimetres.  I have been told its copper spray? dont know never used it or had to..but as the bike is stripped may as well do a good job of it! The pfft noise dissapears once she is warm but as fan isnt on yet i can run her up fully.  I dont want the fan on as i cant get the sealant on otherwise! catch 22.  I just want that part done so i can sort out the rest of her and have her running statically over the next few months so i can move her..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

still cant find it..

Just started faithful ZZR up again, Just cant seem to pinpoint which header is blowing, think its either 3 or 4..cant use a rizzla paper as i burn hand on rad and headers..lol..think its gonna be guess work with sealant.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

blowing

A length of tubing, one end poked in your ear, and the other played around the exhaust ports will  soon find the one that's blowing... :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

gasket

kcmc will have more idea,what gaskets are you using?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=exhaust+gaskets+for+zzr1100&_sacat=0&_from=R40

seems to be a few.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

blowing

genuine o ring gaskets but the headers seem to be slightly mis shaped..they r form a c model and mine is a d..they do fit, just a mod near the oil filter housing..have to zip off the bolt mount for the c model as its right under the filter housing.  I ll try some pipe tomorrow..onthe malt scotch, finishing off the pre xmas supply, 12 yr old Glenfiddich.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

pipes

not a fan of the 4-1s tbh.  Tend to get less tailgaters etc with twin cans on..(not that I'm there long on the zed..lol!) ahem

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices